Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have used THE CLUB and varients of it to lock both sports cars and my jeep, but like the idea of locking the steering column and the pedals. Can't turn it or push in the clutch to start it, it should be a good deterent, no? I am thinking about the Masterlock Street Links ( http://www.masterlockbike.com/maste...cle&page=bike_chains&drill=streetlinks_4chain ). It is 4 feet long, so can anyone tell me is that enough go through the center of the steering wheel and a bit around the column (so you have to do more than just cut through the wheel which is how they get THE CLUB off) and around the clutch and/or brake pedal? :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
From what I've read, the Sky will not start unless a key with the proper computer chip in it is inserted into the ignition. If a key without the correct chip is used, the car will not start at all for something like 15 minutes. It sounds to me that a thief would not be able to rip out the switch and hotwire the ignition.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm not going overboard with security. My only worry is joyriders. And like the man says the car won't start without the correct key. The car is low production and low production cars are not usually a target for pro thieves from what I've read.

You are more likely to get damage from someone keying the car or cutting the roof as one post put it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts