Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from my dealer last Mon saying they had 2 SKYs that were preordered, but now they could sell. They were going down the list and asking us all if we were interested. I was just curious why someone turned them down...and this is his reply.

Well, both purchasers DIED before their cars came in! Its sad, but, can you believe that? Not just 1, but 2 people died waiting for this car. I thought I had a long wait, but I won't complain anymore. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
802 Posts
foolintherain76 said:
I got a call from my dealer last Mon saying they had 2 SKYs that were preordered, but now they could sell. They were going down the list and asking us all if we were interested. I was just curious why someone turned them down...and this is his reply.

Well, both purchasers DIED before their cars came in! Its sad, but, can you believe that? Not just 1, but 2 people died waiting for this car. I thought I had a long wait, but I won't complain anymore. Just thought I'd share.
Gawd! I hope it wasn't from sky forum anxiety

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
One of the reasons that I got bumped up the list, was because a person ahead of me became very, very ill. But that is pretty freaky that 2 people died waiting for their car.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've been waiting a while but, fingers crossed, it won't be THAT long :eek:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I wonder.....

Did any one or both EVER say "I'm diein' to get my SKY?"

Ok ok -- a bit sick, but I love dark humor...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Love your humor Rick !!!!!!!!!11

Called my salesman last Friday and really got the run-around. Finally talked to the Sales Manager and found out that my salesman died the night before. He lived alone, fell in his bathroom, hit his head and bleed to death.

The Sky is taking its toll isn't it !!!!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
foolintherain76 said:

Some of us act like we gonna die if we don't get it soon.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
Love your humor Rick !!!!!!!!!11

Called my salesman last Friday and really got the run-around. Finally talked to the Sales Manager and found out that my salesman died the night before. He lived alone, fell in his bathroom, hit his head and bleed to death.

The Sky is taking its toll isn't it !!!!!!!!!!:confused:
Wait a minute...two things...you're joking, right? About your salesman? And my Avatar did show up! It is a lovely butterfly which is funny because we are after all talking about un-butterfly subjects.:lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
skywulf said:
Wait a minute...two things...you're joking, right? About your salesman? And my Avatar did show up! It is a lovely butterfly which is funny because we are after all talking about un-butterfly subjects.:lol:
No Skywulf, I'm NOT kidding. My salesman died last Thursday. The Sales Manager says he will take over my account. Actually the salesman was very nice. It's the sales manager that's a reall so-and-so.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Oh that is AWFUL! Poor guy! Yeah, the GM at my dealership seems to be icky too, but I like my saleslady. I kept my business there only because of her.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow -- my last car (and home) insurance guy died in a car accident!!
I thought that was bit twisted...

Hey let's start: The Curse of the SKY!:thumbs:

BTW only for those selling them or waiting for them -- NEVER the owners!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Oh, Jeeze Rick, maybe we shouldn't ! :lol: :lol: I am a woman driver after all...that is why I could not get a manual transmission...I am on the phone, in the coffee, not paying attention. Hubby was convinced if I had to shift I would drive under a tractor trailer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Aw.. geezz, ya had ta tell us that. Now i gotta go out and measure the clearence under a trailer.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Cause of death?

Let's just hope somone else on the list didn't get ahold of the names ahead of them and have anything to do with the cause of death of those ahead of you.

I suppose we should not be too surprised that out of a population of thousands of individuals over a period of several months that some small percentage would suffer illness, injury or worse, but to have two of them on the same list at the same dealership is freaky

·
Registered
256 Posts
Lil GTO said:
Let's just hope somone else on the list didn't get ahold of the names ahead of them and have anything to do with the cause of death of those ahead of you.

Sounds like we have a new conspiracy theory.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Lil GTO said:
Lends a new meaning to "I bumped my way up in line...":D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Oh my...you know this thread is gonna go south.... :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
foolintherain76 said:

I was number 6 on my list until about a month ago. The dealership could not get a hold of number 5. They finally sent a registered letter and were contacted by his estate... I am number 5, and yes it feels somewhat creepy.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Mr. Soprano? Your SKY is ready -- you moved right to the front of the line....:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts