Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just quoted an extended warranty on the Sky from Geico. The cost is $5/mo and it is bumper to bumper includes everything but consumables, $250 deductable, and can be purchased up to 7 years or 100,000 miles. I doubt that they promise factory parts, and they are emailing me more details.

My dealer wants $1300 to increase from 3yr/36K to 7yr/75K. Has anybody dealt with these third-party warranties?

·
Registered
69 Posts
warranty

I sure would be interested in the extended from Geico. That sounds like quite a deal from other prices I've heard of. ($2,000 for 7/7.)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I bought an extended warrenty from AAA on my Jeep when I forst got it. I used it enough that it paid for itself but didn;t save mo, or cost me, any money.

Think of these as insurance. You're not likely to save money unless you have a major issue.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i got one from my credit union when i got the loan..$0 deduct and its 7yr 100000 miles for $1100.00

·
Registered
517 Posts
I talked to Geico about that too. I chose not to get it but I cant remember why now. I think because I would be duplicating too much of the factory warranty. Geico has good prices on insurance though.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ernest said:
I agree, but that one time for me cost more than the warranty. Better safe than sorry.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm a believer in extended warrenties. I didn't buy it from the dealer because I figured they had screwed me enough, and I was so angry about the way the finance woman was treating me that there was no way I was going to buy it.

I may still buy one from AAA. I buy lots of insurance too. But I just wanted everyone to realize that they are more like insurance. Most people will lose money on them, otherwise they are doomed as a business model. Like insurance, they protect you against a big, unexpected expense, like your engine melting down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts