Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 01/08/06 I get a call from my dealer to come in and Order my car, I have th first image. On 01/09/06 I order my car, get my copy of my image. order Id number and of course give them my deposit. I ordered Black sky, Red and Black interior, Chrome wheels etc. I stopped in every few weeks to see were I was in the process. On about Feb. 21 I get a call that says the car is in production and could be in with the next 2 to 3 weeks, They go over the whole process. On March 6th I get a call my car is done , just need to be checked and then will be shipped by rail then trucked in...Should be here in 2 weeks or less. March 16th I go into find out were my car is and am told, " you need to talk to *****" I go in on March 20 and I'am told it is not my car that is comming in but the second image, They are having problems with the red/black interior which we all new here, but they had no clue. So i then ask when is my car comming in...GUESS WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW!

Can someone tell me how a major company like G.M can not tell someone when a car will be built? And please do not tell me well it is a new line and they do not know what to expect. And as someone else here has posted, How do you put the red/black interior in all of your Promotional material and not expect that to be a HOT item.

I will be in there Monday mid morning, and ready to raise some Hell. I do not blame the dealer, But a few answers would be nice. Especially when I had the first Image and I know I did, and It look like the 3-4th maybe delieved before mine...The 2nd is all ready on the floor.

Sorry to vent guys...But if I ran a business this way, I would be Broke to.

pphjj5

·
Registered
295 Posts
pphjj5 said:
Sorry to vent guys...But if I ran a business this way, I would be Broke to.pphjj5
Did you see GM's stock report recently? And the layoffs? Coincidence? LOL, they need to get their act together.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm sure your troubles are frustrating and I'm sure more of us will go through the same thing. We've heard of peoples cars being delivered to the dealership only to find out they have to wait for paperwork to arrive before the car can be sold. :banghead: Their cars are sitting at the dealership waiting for something to be mailed that could be faxed or emailed.:willy:

At the point you are at in your order I'd be pissed off too. I think I'd be going into the dealership and asking for answers for sure. Remember that in a month or so you'll be driving around in your new car and non of this will matter. It will just be a bit of a bad memory. Becareful not to **** up your relationship with your dealer:nono: It sounds like most Saturn dealers are very helpful (or as helpful as they are aloud to be).:thumbs:

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick....They have been some what helpful....I think the communication from the top really sucks. Thats why when I go in I have not yet gone off on them, because I do know there hands are tied. But to call me and tell me my car was on the way only to find out it was the second image, is unexceptable. They assumed it was my car because it was a sky being sent.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Maybe your Dealer told you something to pacify you.

My Dealer knew nothing til I told them, and then they would verify. They kept saying we know nothing but as soon as we know you will know. They didn't know if it was even built last Tuesday, or when it would ship. On Friday it was sitting on the showroom floor. I think some dealers were just passing info to pacify the buyer, but it ends up pissing them off like your case. Mine kept telling me do you want me to make something up or do you want the truth. We don't want to raise your hopes and then watch you crash and burn. I think it should really be somewhere inbetween.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
After my talk with pphjj5's dealer Friday evening, they feel bad that his car is not there. The only explaination offered was that Saturn was completely blown away by the red/black interior requests and that their supplier can not keep up with demand. In effect there are cars where the red/black interior has been accepted -- but since they don't have the supplies -- the car sits.
Now I can see a 5% restraint on automatics (cost saver) and the same ven oon chrome wheels (If they knew they could outstrip demand before they started production) so that they regulate the orders, but to accept the order then not fill it -- It HAS to be very frustrating...
Now, pphjj5, I hope you get this worked out and we can do a SKY drive after I get mine...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rick.........I'am going in on Monday, and hope I can get at least some answers, even if they are not what I want to hear. But I need the truth about what is going on. I will keep you all posted on what happens tomarrow.

Also Rick, thanks for asking around, any info is great...There are a few posters here that are trying to help to all I say Thanks....Pphjj5

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
From experience I don't think you are going to find the answers you are looking for. The dealers seem to know little about what is going on. I've really been pissed off by it all but the Solstice owners had it worse. And for those who think it's just a GM thing, think again. When Ford came out with the new Tunderbird they had lots of pre orders. Like the Solstice Ford had many problems getting the product to market and sales suffered as a result.

It seems the biggest problem you have when you order a really kool car is keeping you Cool!

We should do a poll on how many people have gone past the point of really excided and gotten to the point of really frustrated. There are a bunch of us here who jump outa our skins when phone rings.:banghead: And if we see the dealers number come up well someone call 911.

I was glad to get a number to call so that I don't have to keep calling my dealer. I want to keep a good relationship and I don't have the coolest head. So having another number to call takes pressure off my relationship with my dealer.

The car will come! You will be kool! :cool: :lol:

BTW you are right about the communication from the top. And here in Canada our dealers seem to know even less. My dealer isn't sure if he will have a car for the Canadian launch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
pphj5,

I am in the same boat that you with you, waiting for the red and black interior. My dealer told me that there was a video conference last week, can't remember which day but the red and black interior problem was discussed and they had no idea that it would be requested as much as it has been but there was shipments on the way (from overseas) and that the hold up shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks. I figureed I could wait as long as I was at least guaranteed one....plus I already had to change color choice from the bluestone to black because of no bluestone color paint....you can raise all the hell you want but it isn't going to make the little japanese ladies sew any faster.

·
Registered
623 Posts
ku4zs said:
Did you see GM's stock report recently? And the layoffs? Coincidence? LOL, they need to get their act together.
Get a clue, that's what caused the layoffs getting the act together. I love these people who no matter what GM does they spin it negative, I bet if they hadn't laid people off you'd find a way to complain about that. God this type of crap upsets me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
glock919 said:
gm lost over 9billion last year...get the point..thats with a b
So? Seriously these type of posts serve no purpose except to piss people who like GM off. What company you work for? I bet it is a worthless pile of trash as well.

·
Registered
623 Posts
pphjj5 said:
Rick.........I'am going in on Monday, and hope I can get at least some answers, even if they are not what I want to hear. But I need the truth about what is going on. I will keep you all posted on what happens tomarrow.

Also Rick, thanks for asking around, any info is great...There are a few posters here that are trying to help to all I say Thanks....Pphjj5
Sorry about your delay, hopefully they can get another batch of cars with Red Leather built and you get to take delivery. I know waiting sucks, but hey at the end of the day you will have a sweet car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Get a clue, that's what caused the layoffs getting the act together. I love these people who no matter what GM does they spin it negative, I bet if they hadn't laid people off you'd find a way to complain about that. God this type of crap upsets me.
Do you let a disease eat up 32% of your body before you decide to amputate that 32%? I would hope not, but GM let their "problems" get so out of hand that they had to amputate 32% of their workforce. Does that sound like superb business practices to you?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys, this thread was not put here to cause I fight between posters...I just hought I would express my unhappyness with everything going on....pphjj5

·
Registered
295 Posts
pphjj5 said:
Guys, this thread was not put here to cause I fight between posters...I just hought I would express my unhappyness with everything going on....pphjj5
Not fighting, nor did I start it, just made a comment on a comment you made :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
ku4zs said:
Do you let a disease eat up 32% of your body before you decide to amputate that 32%? I would hope not, but GM let their "problems" get so out of hand that they had to amputate 32% of their workforce. Does that sound like superb business practices to you?
I understand this concept, but the anology is kind of over the hill...a lot of us do feel the same way, but once the car is here, all will be forgotten for the most part.

·
Registered
295 Posts
eldeeko said:
I understand this concept, but the anology is kind of over the hill...a lot of us do feel the same way, but once the car is here, all will be forgotten for the most part.
Exactly, I do not care what goes on behind the scenes, as long as I get my car :willy:

·
Registered
623 Posts
ku4zs said:
The past is the past, why comment on it. The fact that they do something now should be applauded not ridiculed.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Here's my take on it --

Okay, It is clear that something is up with the first "batch" of Skys...

There are a substantial number of EARLY customers with VIN numbers 250 and below that have got no word or sign of their car, some of us have a build date in FEBRUARY -- and yet cars made in mid-March are reaching dealers as we speak. I think this is what is happening in your instance pphjj5. It’s taking SO long for our cars that the next set is on the way.

Here are some PURE GUESSES at what may be happening:
1. The cars were stockpiled up in a valet fashion (first cars built in the very front row) of the holding cage lot awaiting the government safety approval and now they are shipping out cars as they come off the line and grabbing what they can of the large pile which have been waiting delivery the longest. LIFO vs. FIFO?
2. Something was WRONG with these first 200 cars and they need to be reinserted in to the line or another serious problem which the solution required a lot of time.
3. Options? Did we pick options that weren't available? Maybe they built the car but didn’t have enough premium stereos to throw in?

I have NO IDEA what the hold up may be. But I know my dealer as a friend of my father and so I highly doubt there is any jerking around going on. The first one (mine) has yet to arrive and they seem to be just as confused as me.

Suddenly I think all of us low-VIN waiting lunatics will all get our cars around the same time but Id be really curious to know what the hold up was.

~SC2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts