Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the number of pre orders seemingly being high and the number of cars being built being low there has been some talk about the Sky selling out before it ever hits the dealerships.

It would be nice if Saturn offered a name plate option of some kind. You know. Car number xxx Produced on Built for.

I realize this isn't an $80k car but I'd pay $100 for that. :cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
$100?

Gee, Rick, a whole $100. You big spender!!! :lol:
:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$100 for a $10 option? I'd say. :lol: Oh and I'm expecting that would be in US dollars which is about $125 for me. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
u should put up a thread to see how many people want this option. If the response is good then send an e-mail to Saturn maybe they will do it if the demand is high enough

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean they arn't watching this site all the time :eek: :rolleyes: They should be! We are the ones that will be the first to purchase this car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Actaully, I was thinking about having a dash plaque made for my SKY customers who ordered. (no charge) I guess I need to call around and see what that would cost...
Cheers,
Jill :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Actaully, I was thinking about having a dash plaque made for my SKY customers who ordered. (no charge) I guess I need to call around and see what that would cost...
Cheers,
Jill :)
That is what came to my mind, when I first saw this thread. The cost would not be too much and it would be a nice touch ... if the customer wanted it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hmmm....so where on the dash would you want it to go? How big should it be?
Maybe you guys can come up with some designs?
Cheers,
Jill

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1" x 2.5" Not sure where yet though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Hmmm....so where on the dash would you want it to go? How big should it be?
Maybe you guys can come up with some designs?
Cheers,
Jill
I have not seen a Sky yet, but do NOT put the it where the Pontiac 1000 one is! :) :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you buy a Bugatti, IF they let you, you go get the seats made for your body, the pedals made for you feet, then get a name plate riveted to the door sill. No offense, but this is just a Saturn. I wouldn't want to buy a used one and be constantly reminded some guy named Jack Mehoff bought #69 of 100 everytime I looked at my dash. Just my 2c.
But if you really wanted it, you could get it made for around 10 bucks at places like Things Remembered in the mall. I had some special order items I got there engraved and it was pretty cheap. I guess you could use Duramix 40/40 to attach it. Maybe some fiberglass resin. Both of those are impossible to get off once they dry, but I don't know how well it would hold onto the metal plate, unless it was plastic too.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Sol just used a generic badge and I believe that the Sky might go that route too. The mx-5 is placing a badge on their "Limited" Mazda Speed Edition. I agree that if you personalize it then it might become like a tatoo and you may regret it later.

I just hope the Sky rolls out with more ease than the Sol. I plan to be in a convertible, or roadster by next summer and hope it is a Sky, or Sol. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts