Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been hacked. They planted a virus or some thing that pops up and tells you you are a winner of being the 5 billionth searcher and you win a prize.

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
This forum has been hacked. They planted a virus or some thing that pops up and tells you you are a winner of being the 5 billionth searcher and you win a prize.
Are you using an iPhone when you get that message?

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
iPhone users (three of you so far, I think) are the only people reporting that problem.
It has been reported, but we haven't been told what can be done about it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Since only iPhones experience it....why do we think the forum is the culprit? Maybe, just maybe, its the I phone. My Linux computer, my Win 10 computer and my Android phone dont have the problem.....Hmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Since only iPhones experience it....why do we think the forum is the culprit? Maybe, just maybe, its the I phone. My Linux computer, my Win 10 computer and my Android phone dont have the problem.....Hmmmmmm
No problem with Chrome or Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

·
Registered
473 Posts
It's a virus on your phone. I get this from time to time on my Android, but haven't had it happen on this site. You have visited some click-bait Facebook story, email or something and gotten a virus on your phone (usually it's some click bait story on Facebook, like "You won't believe........). This will continue to happen until you pinpoint the source or do a factory reset on your phone. But, if you do a factory reset, remember...you lose EVERYTHING! This "virus" might even be in your backups for your phone, so reseting it might not even cure the issue. I've learned to just deal with it when it happens and not return. It does nothing that I'm aware of other then spam you with clickbait.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts