Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man will I be glad to get my Sky so I hopefully never have to talk with Saturn customer service again. What an experience this has been. They don't seem to know their ass from a hole in the ground!

The latest issue is that they don't seem to want to give me my VIN number. I've been told that GM doesn't like to give out VIN numbers until the car is very close to the dealership or at the dealership. I don't get it? Who have I pissed on at GM/Saturn that my car takes months to build. Tons of people's cars are ordered after me and delivered long before me. They give out order progress codes to everyone but me and won't tell me my build day or give me my VIN.

:rant:

Sorry about that. Kinda lost it for a minute. Just getting emotional. Think I'll go have a cry now.:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
That's okay, bless your heart. I understand. It seems that the set up up there is different for you. I am sorry. :( Do you have your order number?
You are really close now, I can feel it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
rick112 said:
Man will I be glad to get my Sky so I hopefully never have to talk with Saturn customer service again. What an experience this has been. They don't seem to know their ass from a hole in the ground!

The latest issue is that they don't seem to want to give me my VIN number. I've been told that GM doesn't like to give out VIN numbers until the car is very close to the dealership or at the dealership. I don't get it? Who have I pissed on at GM/Saturn that my car takes months to build. Tons of people's cars are ordered after me and delivered long before me. They give out order progress codes to everyone but me and won't tell me my build day or give me my VIN.

:rant:

Sorry about that. Kinda lost it for a minute. Just getting emotional. Think I'll go have a cry now.:lol:
They gave me my VIN over the phone as soon as it was built. They gave me my updates weekly...sometimes more than weekly. They were super helpful. What is your order number...I may be able to find out your vin for you.

later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
That stinks! Toronto needs a SKY on the streets! Hang in there, it will be any day now. Thats my prediction.:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
OH MY LORD,
The VIN number matches a Solstice!!!
Just kidding, you can get up now...:jester:

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
rick112 said:
Sorry about that. Kinda lost it for a minute. Just getting emotional. Think I'll go have a cry now.:lol:
Too Late! My tinfoil hat just picked up a classified communique from the Saturn ConspiracyNet... As a result of this post, your car is now on it's way to Nahanni Butte, Northwest Territories, due to an "error in the shipment manifest."

Sorry, bud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
rick112 said:
Man will I be glad to get my Sky so I hopefully never have to talk with Saturn customer service again. What an experience this has been. They don't seem to know their ass from a hole in the ground!

The latest issue is that they don't seem to want to give me my VIN number. I've been told that GM doesn't like to give out VIN numbers until the car is very close to the dealership or at the dealership. I don't get it? Who have I pissed on at GM/Saturn that my car takes months to build. Tons of people's cars are ordered after me and delivered long before me. They give out order progress codes to everyone but me and won't tell me my build day or give me my VIN.

:rant:

Sorry about that. Kinda lost it for a minute. Just getting emotional. Think I'll go have a cry now.:lol:
Mr. Rick, remember the discusion we had about you taking the whole Lithium tablet ? Now you promised you would be a good boy and quit cutting them in half. We talked about how important it is to take all of your meds or you will have to go visit the folks at the "state hospital" again, and we both know you dont want that, Do you ? Okay, go take your meds now. :jester:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
jdigiant said:
Too Late! My tinfoil hat just picked up a classified communique from the Saturn ConspiracyNet... As a result of this post, your car is now on it's way to Nahanni Butte, Northwest Territories, due to an "error in the shipment manifest."

Sorry, bud.
Oh, too mean. Rick...there is no tinfoil..no worries.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
StarlightSky said:
OH MY LORD,
The VIN number matches a Solstice!!!
Just kidding, you can get up now...:jester:

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

OMG..... way toooo funny........ love getting a GREAT laugh here..... SkyBaby-07
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
skywulf said:
Oh, too mean. Rick...there is no tinfoil..no worries.
tinfoil? tinfoil?... I GOT ONE OF THEM THAR HATS....... lolol...... just reminded me of that movie... anyway... and reminded me that my dog .. BLESS HIM.... could be like RIN TIN TIN...... but..... he is more like... RIN TIN TINFOIL...... i am going to get him a tag that says that....... just had to add that..... SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
This is my guess....

The higher volume dealerships are getting more cars allocated to them. I ordered a RL from the highest volume dealership in the USA and they have already started getting images for the RLs....I know I know, the images are for starndard Skys and the RL is essentially an add on...blah blah blah...there are other dealerships I've spoken with who aren't even taking deposits yet. It's simple supply and demand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
akinmb said:
This is my guess....

The higher volume dealerships are getting more cars allocated to them. I ordered a RL from the highest volume dealership in the USA and they have already started getting images for the RLs....I know I know, the images are for starndard Skys and the RL is essentially an add on...blah blah blah...there are other dealerships I've spoken with who aren't even taking deposits yet. It's simple supply and demand.
They can put in orders all they want -- none (for anyone) are being picked up as there is a constraint on RedLine -- meaning -- 0% of orders are being picked up...
The amount of car allocated does not affect when they get picked up -- just how many -- say my dealer has 10 and your has 40. My dealer get 2 a month yours gets 8. They all get picked up by the computer (if there are no contraints) when GM does a pick up (whenever that time/day is).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Actually orders have already been accepted by the factory (this includes prelim. orders).

in fact there is already one RL that was at 3000 a few days ago down in SoCal. Most of the rest are between 1100 and up. and the 3000 one belongs to a high volume retailer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
It sounds very much like the start up of the base SKY. If I remember there were prelim orders picked up that went 3000 (or 30 back then) and sat. I bet the factory is looking at the initial orders and getting their parts etc in a row before they assemble or schedual any assembly. But, the constraints mean nothing is building.

Let's see if we can get one of thease early RedLiners to post a picture of their Order Workbench showing a 3000!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It sounds very much like the start up of the base SKY. If I remember there were prelim orders picked up that went 3000 (or 30 back then) and sat. I bet the factory is looking at the initial orders and getting their parts etc in a row before they assemble or schedual any assembly. But, the constraints mean nothing is building.

Let's see if we can get one of thease early RedLiners to post a picture of their Order Workbench showing a 3000!!
:agree: :agree: 3000 is amovement yes indeed, but you can sit there for a long time, I know I did. Remember? Boy was I intense or what back then?:lol: :lol: I am now an older, wiser veteran and will wait for the beginning of Fall, at which time I will take delivery of my R/L, which BTW I am considering naming Mayhem, get it? Serenity/Mayhem. Thanks Mark, good idea!!!! In the meantime I am more anxious for the arrival of the AURA, sitting at 3300. Expect it to be shipped around the 24th of the month.:thumbs:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
:agree: :agree: 3000 is amovement yes indeed, but you can sit there for a long time, I know I did. Remember? Boy was I intense or what back then?:lol: :lol: I am now an older, wiser veteran and will wait for the beginning of Fall, at which time I will take delivery of my R/L, which BTW I am considering naming Mayhem, get it? Serenity/Mayhem. Thanks Mark, good idea!!!! In the meantime I am more anxious for the arrival of the AURA, sitting at 3300. Expect it to be shipped around the 24th of the month.:thumbs:
Name it Mayhem? I am just glad that yall tant started no mayhem on this here forum...Skip....:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Saturn will not give you that vin reason being, You can get a key cut for the car and steal it, so they wont even question why you need it, even if you did purchase the sky. I understand you did buy one and want to know the vin but hey its policy with any dealor ship. You might rember this when asking for a new key cut for a past car, where they asked for your insurance etc..

And the others on here who got the vin, i guess you got lucky.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top