Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry guys but I had to post it....
after watching the mistmach on the yellow paint and the bumpers posted here.... I felt bad....
then reading about the cup holders... a lil more....

so i must confess.... I went to the nissan an test drove a 350Z....

I told the guy if he gets me a white with a good deal ... I would take it.... ( and I mean it...)
after I have seen my sky of curse...

I feel F%$#@$%!! .... like been in love.... I don't know what I want now....

that drive in the Z was so nice... but the sky looks so good!. ... but nissan cars are so good quality... ... but the sky looks so good.... etc.. etc..

oh man ... i'm going crazy....
my dealer still has no idea where is at... :eek:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hussy

azote said:
after watching the mistmach on the yellow paint and the bumpers posted here.... I felt bad....
then reading about the cup holders... a lil more....so i must confess.... I went to the nissan an test drove a 350Z....
I told the guy if he gets me a white with a good deal ... I would take it.... ( and I mean it...) after I have seen my sky of curse...I feel F%$#@$%!! .... like been in love.... I don't know what I want now.... that drive in the Z was so nice... but the sky looks so good!. ... but nissan cars are so good quality... ... but the sky looks so good.... etc.. etc..oh man ... i'm going crazy.... my dealer still has no idea where is at... :eek:
Wow! That is like going out with a bridesmaid on the night before the wedding..Shame on you!........Got'sta control yerself!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Let me get you a good doctor who can prescribe you with some Adderall...

Seriously, you can bounce back and forth from car to car on trivial issues but the bottom line is you need to pick a car you KNOW you want so that you wont have intense dissonence about it the second you drive it off the lot.

If you aren't certain what you want you may want to wait or not upgrade to a new car, otherwise you may just end up having grass-is-greener with any car you get.

·
Registered
185 Posts
azote said:

I told the guy if he gets me a white with a good deal ... I would take it.... ( and I mean it...)

that drive in the Z was so nice... but the sky looks so good!. ... but nissan cars are so good quality... ... but the sky looks so good.... etc.. etc..

after that long of wait.... to jump ship now? to each his own but........

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
azote said:

Just curious...but would you go with the Z Roadster convertible? Gotta admit, my hubby testdrove a white with navy top and it is nice. Why not just tell your dealer that you would like a White Sky? I know you would be waiting longer...but if the mismatching yellow color is really bothering you, perhaps waiting for a White Sky may be worth the wait. Good luck with whatever you decide! :thumbs:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I sat in a Z a little while ago and it was a great car. Definately if the Sky doesn't work out for me I think it would be a close number 2. But as you say..the Sky looks so good :-D

Joseph

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
azote said:

If it makes you feel any better, I can post a crappy review of the Nissan here...

Ya GOTTA GOTTA GOTTA take the posts on ANY ANONYMOUS ONLINE FORUM with a grain of salt, dude!

I have personally seen four yellow SKY's and have NEVER seen the paint mismatch mentioned here - and I looked. So, do what you want, but realize the Nissan is kind of a different class altogether.

Cupholders? They aren't great in ANY roadster - the S2000, the MX-5, the XLR, the Z4 - they are all compromised cupholders, but they are roadsters, man!

The 350Z weighs about 750 lbs more than a SKY. It costs about $20,000 more than a SKY.

It doesn't hold a candle to the SKY in the styling department (IMHO).

You could still buy your SKY, drive it for 6 months, sell it and buy the 350Z and have your cake and eat it too.

Just go buy the car you fell in love with - if it's the 350Z, then do it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
AZOTE: The 350 Z is a great car! I wanted the first one in Daytona Blue...just could not afford it! Few years later my SKY is in the driveway and I LOVE IT! But I still love when a "Z" drives by. It is a great car...just too much money for me! If you can afford it, get it. I am more than happy with my car! I get tons of looks and questions daily! Every time I park it...I get a comment!

The 350 Z... gets the same looks but at about 10-15 thousand more!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't afford it either.... I'm going for the non convertible....
I know I won't get the looks :(
but i'll have a lil peace of mind on the quality at the long term of the car....
man I couldn't sleep last night thinking on this.....

I do want a convertible.... but I don't want to be dealing with little things that make my day bad....

did I mention that the sky is going to be my only car.... (this is another reason that is pushing me too)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Don't settle for a non-topless due to impatience! Comeon, hold out for what you really want. Otherwise...we all know, (sniff) that it was never (snif) true love!!!!

But if my dealer continues to ignore my calls, I call only once a week to make sure they know I am still waiting, I might go for the boxter.
I am not in love. Really.

·
Registered
438 Posts
azote said:
I can't afford it either.... I'm going for the non convertible....
I know I won't get the looks :(
but i'll have a lil peace of mind on the quality at the long term of the car....
man I couldn't sleep last night thinking on this.....

I do want a convertible.... but I don't want to be dealing with little things that make my day bad....

did I mention that the sky is going to be my only car.... (this is another reason that is pushing me too)
AZOTE...if you are not getting the covertible...get the SKY. No doubt! You will love the open air and the soft top will be fine year round! The heater in the sky is crazy...it burns my hands when I hold the steering wheel! Rag top is tight and will get you through your short winter...remember I'm from Michigan, we have some long winters! I had a jeep wrangler soft top and made it through bitter cold winters, but this Sky will be a cake walk through your winters!

Get the convertible!! Nothing like driving the SKY with the top down!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
azote said:
Has't been a problem for me to adjust to having a 2-seater with basically no luggage room as my only car... you make adjustments just as you would if you went from an SUV to to a sedan. Also means you don't have to cart friends all over town since you can only ride +1 -- and no need to pick up people from the airport either! Turn it in to a good thing my friend. My only worry was snow driving but I have heard up and down that these Kappa platform roadsters do more than hold their own in the white stuff.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You need to go back and read your post on the April fools joke. When you revealed the joke to us, you sure seemed dedicated to the sky then. Your post helped convince me that I was making the right decision for me, because I, was really looking at a Mazda...then I realized it does look like a bar of soap. Is what you've learned since really enough to change your mind?
I sound like I'm trying to convince someone to "keep their girlfriend":willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Don't Make Me Give You a Reality Slap!!

:D Come on AZOTE, you are better than that. Don't cop out now!!! I have seen a yellow SKY and it was flawless!!! I think you are getting a little weary of the waiting, but please stay with us, it is just a temporary thing you are going thru, a phase that soon will pass. There are lots of rice burning Z's out there, but very few of the elite SKY's. Stay with us, be part of a a magical car.

Now if this didn't snap you out of this syndrome, I guess I will have to drive up there and give you a slap to bring you back to your senses!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
eldeeko said:
Wow! That is like going out with a bridesmaid on the night before the wedding..Shame on you!....Quote from an old Cheech and Chong Album. "Bailiff, Whack his pp"....Got'sta control yerself!
You have your comedy mixed up, that line is from Laugh In.:lol:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
azote said:

Come on, steady man, don't cave now!:nono: You are close, you know you are, just hold out a bit longer! :thumbs: Just think, you can have a cookie cutter car, or a one of! :nonod: I know it is tough but don't :leaving: , stay the course! We are all with you!:grouphug: Soon you will be :driving: what you really want!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
You know... You are starting to annoy me :thumbs: with this... I used to sell Hondas and I sold a few Yellow S2000's, yellow seems to be a very hard color to get to match different surfaces. The yellow on the S2ks had the same problem and we are talking about a car that is at least $33k... :mad:

Take a deeeeep breath and make your mind. If you keep giving yourself choices, you will talk yourself out of anything, any time!!! :thumbs:

Hang tough!!!:D

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
802 Posts
TexSon said:
You have your comedy mixed up, that line is from Laugh

In.:lol:
No mix up....That was the line from the drunk sex offender that was claiming insanity...cause he was just crazy about that stuff...
(I have deleted that line already from my post) but the punishment was that line..(laugh-in may have pulled something similar, but I thought I had seen all of those)

1972 Album
Blind Melon Chitlin'
Wink Dinkerson
Acapulco Gold Filters
Vietnam
Trippin' In Court ---this is the one!
Dave
Emergency Ward
Welcome To Mexico
The Pope: Live At The Vatican
Cruisin' With Pedro De Pacas
Waiting For Dave

Had me confused, I didn't know whether to believe my lying eyes or my lying ears. Thank you Google!

·
Registered
669 Posts
azote

Come on over to Beaumont and see the yellow demo and drive it...then make your decision. It's on Hwy 69 just north of I-10, Lucas exit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts