Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
Well, we did it again! Got up and just said we gotta go!! We saw an article in Sunset magazine about a winery off of Hwy 4 and in the Angels Camp area so before the snow hit we wanted to go there.
We got to Angels Camp and went the wrong way, to San Andreas:lol:
Well, the town was completely dark at noon, a transformer blew out and took out the entire power supply for the little city of 2000:eek:
We sat and talked to a gas station attendant who loved the Sky and then told us about a little town called Murphy. We got on the road and back to Angels Camp then turned left at the second light and up the road we went. Murphy's turned out to be extraordinarily fun. There is a long main st lined with shops and wine tasting rooms everywhere.
After lunch we went to the Ironstone winery, the views are breath-taking and they have a 44 Lb (that's right, pound) Gold Nugget in their safe for viewing in the museum!!!
These roads are winding and quick cornering with lots of trees and beautiful scenery. This is the last time I want to be alone on the trip, it's just too much fun watching all the scenery and I can't even describe the looks people are giving us. The Sky has paid for itself in gawking value alone. When was the last time you came out from lunch and had folks taking pictures of your car??:thumbs:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Hi everyone,
Well, we did it again! Got up and just said we gotta go!! We saw an article in Sunset magazine about a winery off of Hwy 4 and in the Angels Camp area so before the snow hit we wanted to go there.
Well, the town was completely dark at noon, a transformer blew out and took out the entire power supply for the little city of 2000:eek:
We sat and talked to a gas station attendant who loved the Sky and then told us about a little town called Murphy. We got on the road and back to Angels Camp then turned left at the second light and up the road we went. Murphy's turned out to be extraordinarily fun. There is a long main st lined with shops and wine tasting rooms everywhere.
After lunch we went to the Ironstone winery, the views are breath-taking and they have a 44 Lb (that's right, pound) Gold Nugget in their safe for viewing in the museum!!!
These roads are winding and quick cornering with lots of trees and beautiful scenery. This is the last time I want to be alone on the trip, it's just too much fun watching all the scenery and I can't even describe the looks people are giving us. The Sky has paid for itself in gawking value alone. When was the last time you came out from lunch and had folks taking pictures of your car??:thumbs:

Couldn't agree with you more on the "gawking value" of the sky priceless!:agree:
Wow what goregous pics!...look how blue the sky..I mean sky above is:lol: ! Crystal clear blue skys!.... I would love to tour the wine country sometime...looks like a fun trip:thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Beautiful photos starlight sky! They inspire me to take my sky out into some good scenery for some photo shoots... once i get her of course. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
lol, I hear yah man, within 20 minutes of me owning my Sky I immediately took it to Murphy's for some cruising. Such a great place to visit. Nice pictures, your car looks awesome!

·
Registered
194 Posts
lol, I hear yah man, within 20 minutes of me owning my Sky I immediately took it to Murphy's for some cruising. Such a great place to visit. Nice pictures, your car looks awesome!
:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hi everyone,

You seem to be of the same mind as the wife and I. We'll get up on a beautiful fall week-end and just take off. It's nothing for us to go to the Ahwahnee lodge in Yosemite for lunch or just head out Hwy 4 until we hit 49. Once to 49 we'll either go left or right - doesn't matter to us.

You might also want to try the 4 to 49 to 88 to 89 route to South Lake Tahoe. That is one great ride!

Of course doing these drives in the SKY just makes it all the more fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts