Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Oh man, that looks so sweet.
Yeah, either Sky RL version or GM Performance/Accesories addon too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Second that, WOW:D this is what I want it to see.:cool Saturn please listen to your future customers!!!! It can be that hard to add, you have a good year to make it happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You will most likely need to wait for the redline, or you can hang a dummy muffler. Personally I would not mind just having one right in the middle. You do not have the performance hit of the added weight and you will be semetrical wich is allways appealing to the eye. After all there is no performance gain by having dual pipes on a 4 banger, they are for cosmetic reasons only.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Brian said:
You will most likely need to wait for the redline, or you can hang a dummy muffler. Personally I would not mind just having one right in the middle. You do not have the performance hit of the added weight and you will be semetrical wich is allways appealing to the eye. After all there is no performance gain by having dual pipes on a 4 banger, they are for cosmetic reasons only.
Yeah, but then where would the what appears to eb the backup light go? :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
The rear end does looks alot better, as some one here already mentioned, the Red Line probably will have them with the 250HP power plant :smile , can't wait to see one with the hard top.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brian said:
Hey... I like that idea. :thumbs
If you're only gonna have one exhaust pipe/tip, have it placed in the center (ala Porsche Boxster) - else the rear end looks a little lopsided..

·
Registered
727 Posts
I like that duel look too! You really wouldn't need another muffler. Just a crossover pipe to the other side to achieve that look. Hopefully we will see dual exit exhaust on future Sky's and Solstices!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fformula88 said:
I like that duel look too! You really wouldn't need another muffler. Just a crossover pipe to the other side to achieve that look. Hopefully we will see dual exit exhaust on future Sky's and Solstices!

Agreed.. I had a 1998 Firebird V6 convertible and had the 1 muffler dual exhaust tip option. It was a relatively inexpensive option (Approx $200), so it can be done.
OTOH, I suspect that with the Solstice and Sky, we''ll be required to buy an expensive upgraded engine to get the dual outlets.
Maybe some after-market shop will see an opportunity here.. :yesnod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts