Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I give you my impression of my sky after 1,000 miles let me first give my dealer a pat on the back. I bought my sky from Saturn of Binghamton in Vestal NY. The transaction was flawless. The dealer charged MSRP and did not attempt to add on any options other than what I requested. Originally I was told that it was likely that I would not see my car until September. Than one sunny day in June I get a call from my salesperson stating that my car was there. He appeared to be genuinely surprised. In any event I would recommend this dealership. After reading some of the horror stories on the forum I was pleased to have a "normal" saturn transaction. The car is absolutely beautiful. As has been mentioned the pictures simply do not do the car justice. It is probably the most innovative sports car to be produced in this country in years. It handles beautifully with horsepower that is sufficent for me. Surprisingly most of the people that have talked to me about the car are middle-aged like myself. The problems with the car have been mentioned numerous times and they are inconveniences associated with a sports car. You need to be aware of them before you puchase the car. If you need additional room than you need to look at another car. If you want a beautiful car that handles like a dream than I would encourage to continue to wait for your sky. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
With mileage just slightly more than you - I concur. It is exactly as I expected (a total pleasure) to drive and own. I knew what to expect (pay attention to these posts folks who are just joining, we are not going through this for our health :lol: ).
I remember when I first got on my dealers waiting list and then started reading about all these problems... Well, let me enlighten you -- I'd say 95% of all the Saturn Stores are doing it right. When I asked about a returnable deposit should the deal go south - the bewildered look of Joe at Saturn of Tinley Park was priceless, "Why would we keep your money?" He asked. When I asked about selling at MSRP as is the Saturn Way, "The owner does business that way and plans on continuing it." Was the immediate answer.
All in all it has been a real treat to buy a first run car (which I had said at one time I would never do unless it was a Saturn -- Hehehe Who Knew??) from a first class Saturn Dealer.
Many happy miles to many satisfied SKY owners!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts