Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my #902 Sky in yesterday for a list of 6 issues to correct. Picked it up today and as I was leaving the dealership the check engine symbol came on and I didn't have the acceleration that I had before. I had turned onto a divided highway so I had to go around a section to get back but along the way the car quit. While calling the dealer I tried starting it again and was able to get it started before they answered my call. So we headed to their facility and made it. They put the tester on it and the code said it has something to do with the accelerator or throttle body. In other words it somehow has a restriction not giving me full throttle. So they are keeping it overnight and if parts are needed maybe into next week.

Anyone out there seen their check engine symbol light on?

We just came back from Tenn. this weekend where we put 700 miles on it without a problem. We now have 1200 miles on it.:banghead:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Into each life a little rain must fall! Man do I wish I had my Sky!:banghead:

·
Registered
176 Posts
don`t worry about it, whats six 0r seven problems per 1,200 miles.remember this is a first year production car.i`m certain they will take great care of you.i`m not certain but would you consider the seventh of your problems major or dangerous.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
glock919 said:
don`t worry about it, whats six 0r seven problems per 1,200 miles.remember this is a first year production car.i`m certain they will take great care of you.i`m not certain but would you consider the seventh of your problems major or dangerous.
Why always the smartass? Skip... :cool:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:lol: :lol:
twirp said:
Skip, that was an oxymoron. You can not use smart & glock919 in the same thread.:nono:

·
Registered
176 Posts
on top of her other problems ,she now has a cracked fender.hope you have the same joy with your car. don`t attack me your type that see`s noooooo problems.just ask chilli how happy she is.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
glock919 said:
on top of her other problems ,she now has a cracked fender.hope you have the same joy with your car. don`t attack me your type that see`s noooooo problems.just ask chilli how happy she is.
Sure there are going to be problems with any type of machine. If you can tell me a machine that has not had problems I will show you an engineering dept that is out of work very fast. Now son I have to tell you I have read your posts and some I do agree with but remember we are only humans and do screw up . If you can tell me you don't screw up something then I will say that you got down off the cross a little bit too early. Noone expects perfection on anything that one does. We just ask that you do your best. If you do not like something be a part of it for positive change and don't sit on the sidelines and make wisecracks about everything that you personally cannot control. Thank you glock919 for letting me have my say in some constuctive criticism. Skip...an old man that knows what he likes and that is the Sky. Good or bad....:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
The key is the willingness of Saturn to fix any problems.

I have always found Saturn (at least at my dealer) willing and able to fix any problem when it has come to my Saturns. I will expect nothing less of the Sky. The car is new and I expect first year problems, but I have the utmost confidence that Saturn will make it right.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
Took my #902 Sky in yesterday for a list of 6 issues to correct. Picked it up today and as I was leaving the dealership the check engine symbol came on and I didn't have the acceleration that I had before. I had turned onto a divided highway so I had to go around a section to get back but along the way the car quit. While calling the dealer I tried starting it again and was able to get it started before they answered my call. So we headed to their facility and made it. They put the tester on it and the code said it has something to do with the accelerator or throttle body. In other words it somehow has a restriction not giving me full throttle. So they are keeping it overnight and if parts are needed maybe into next week.

Anyone out there seen their check engine symbol light on?

We just came back from Tenn. this weekend where we put 700 miles on it without a problem. We now have 1200 miles on it.:banghead:
The throttle body inputs to the computer where the computer can keep the injectors open longer for more fuel. It consists of a whole slew of electronics that sometimes can fail. It is normal to have slight problems on any auto. It just seems to be happening to your auto. If Saturn does not give you full satisfaction on all your problems please post about on this forum .. Skip..:) :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Throttle body follow up

It's fixed. It turned out that something internal gave out in the throttle body assembly. When you opened the butterfly it is supposed to spring back and it didn't. I lucked out because yesterday they said that if they had to order a part it would be next week. As it turned out this engine is the same as in the Ion and they had one in stock. They loaned us a new Vue to bring home yesterday. We are some 60 miles from the dealership in Indianapolis (Fishers). They were excellent. I would highly recommend them to anyone. But then I have been dealing with them and their sister dealership (Greenwood) for almost 15 years and have always been treated fair. That's just the Saturn way for those of you that have never done business with Saturn.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
07 Chili Pepper said:
It's fixed. They were excellent. I would highly recommend them to anyone. But then I have been dealing with them and their sister dealership (Greenwood) for almost 15 years and have always been treated fair. That's just the Saturn way for those of you that have never done business with Saturn.:thumbs:

That's what I'm talking about, The SATURN WAY!:thumbs:

·
Registered
277 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
That's what I'm talking about, The SATURN WAY!:thumbs:
I agree, the dealer has been fantastic in handling my problems as well.:thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
:agree: The Saturn Way has worked for me for the past 11 years also. Any problems I have had, they have been more than willing to fix and go out of their way to make certain I am completely satisfied. I have confidence that they will continue to live up to my expectations.:thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts