Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have recently replaced a faulty blend door actuator under the dash of my sky, but I have recently heard a new loud and rapid ticking noise from under the dash. I traced the sound to this weird box covered in electrical tape.

What is this thing, is it important, should I be concerned about the noise.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Boy...I was just under there this morning, and don't recall seeing a bunch of wires bundled/taped like that. Wish I could answer your question.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I question both boxes. What is the box with the adjustment from MIN to MAX?
Mike, I think the blend door actuator is the HVAC temperature blending actuator.

·
Administrator
6,888 Posts
There are three actuators in the HVAC system, so just calling it "the actuator" could be confusing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Neither one of those items in the picture are the Stock HVAC Actuators though. Does anyone know if the Stock Actuators that are supposed to be under there, are all the same model number?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm pretty sure the box is a relay but I'm not sure what its for, ill just do the tried and true method of unplugging it and seeing what stops working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thought the box with the green knob was an aftermarket alarm, when I first saw it.
I think you are right, it says Electronic Security System on the other side, so I'm guessing the green knob changes the alarms sensitivity. it is not however connected the ticking black box directly.

·
Registered
18,381 Posts
I think you are right, it says Electronic Security System on the other side, so I'm guessing the green knob changes the alarms sensitivity. it is not however connected the ticking black box directly.
You have just activated the SELF-DESTRUCT for the SKY....RUN! :unsure: (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts