Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Sky will have tilt or telescope stearing. The new Miata will sport it and I must say that after all these years it is about time. It is needed.

The Sky/Solstice and Miata have very similar specs. So I assume they will have similar short falls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
rick112 said:
Anyone know if the Sky will have tilt or telescope stearing. The new Miata will sport it and I must say that after all these years it is about time. It is needed.

The Sky/Solstice and Miata have very similar specs. So I assume they will have similar short falls.
I think Sky will have tilt, but not telescope.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tilt will be enough. It kills any argument my wife might put up with reguards to getting in the dam thing.

Nice site btw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
242 Posts
Steering

rick112 said:
Anyone know if the Sky will have tilt or telescope stearing. The new Miata will sport it and I must say that after all these years it is about time. It is needed.

The Sky/Solstice and Miata have very similar specs. So I assume they will have similar short falls.
ACCORDING TO THE PICS FROM THE SOLSTICE GALLERY, INTERIOR PICS SHOW TILT STEERING LEVER. SO I'M GUESSING IT WILL BE TILT. HAVE A GOOD ONE AND GOOD LUCK 2 U ALL.

:cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
The Solstice is known to only have a tilt steering wheel as mentioned. Which heavily implies the Sky will only have tilt as well.

Welcome to the forums rick112.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
brentil said:
The Solstice is known to only have a tilt steering wheel as mentioned. Which heavily implies the Sky will only have tilt as well.

implies yes, however, we were wondering if there would be any additional sky upgrades over the solstice... im not expecting it, but wouldnt it be nice to have that as a production suprise!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
swatthefly said:
implies yes, however, we were wondering if there would be any additional sky upgrades over the solstice... im not expecting it, but wouldnt it be nice to have that as a production suprise!
Besides a different skin and red/black leather the Sky really does not have any features the Solstice doesn't have. I really don'texpect to see much different on the Sky over the Solstice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
yeah, im not expecting anything, but im just saying that it wouldnt surprise me if they had a couple little things. like power seats or something like that.



or a giant rocket on the back...


or a flux capacitor....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
yea but where the heck would you find 1.21 gigawatts to juice the flux capacitor!??!?

Watts : the absolute meter-kilogram-second unit of power equal to the work done at the rate of one joule per second or to the power produced by a current of one ampere across a potential difference of one volt : 1/746 horsepower

so you do the math - :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
geerhed said:
yea but where the heck would you find 1.21 gigawatts to juice the flux capacitor!??!?


if i find out that that's actually the same number that they said in the movie, you officially have too much time on your hands!
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry posted in wrong location
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
geerhed said:
yea but where the heck would you find 1.21 gigawatts to juice the flux capacitor!??!?
:
use the Dale Earnhardt Jr, Outlaw Octane boost..... it works in My Vair LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
swatthefly said:
if i find out that that's actually the same number that they said in the movie, you officially have too much time on your hands!
Yeah, he said "One point twenty-one Jigga-watts"... now, unfortunately, I think he meant "gigawatts", but that's Doc for ya.... LOL

To put it in perspective, the average PC power supply is around 300 Watts. 1.21 GW would be around 4 million PCs running at full tilt. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
Actually, I was corrected by my professor in college that "gi-" or "ji-" are both acceptable pronunciations.

I've also been told by friends in med school that "guy-ne-col-i-jist" or "jin-i-col-i-jist" are both perfectly acceptable pronunciations.

The north American tendency is toward the hard "g". Some British-influenced areas tend slightly more toward the soft "j" sound.

FWIW.

Just heard on the radio that during this last heat wave, the eastern seaboard was using at times up to 325,000 MEGAwatts. That is, if I'm converting correctly, 325 Gigawatts or 0.325 TeraWatts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
kappaman said:
Actually, I was corrected by my professor in college that "gi-" or "ji-" are both acceptable pronunciations.

I've also been told by friends in med school that "guy-ne-col-i-jist" or "jin-i-col-i-jist" are both perfectly acceptable pronunciations.

The north American tendency is toward the hard "g". Some British-influenced areas tend slightly more toward the soft "j" sound.

FWIW.

Just heard on the radio that during this last heat wave, the eastern seaboard was using at times up to 325,000 MEGAwatts. That is, if I'm converting correctly, 325 Gigawatts or 0.325 TeraWatts.
yeah.... :rolleyes: something like that.....

man, did we ever get off topic. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
I thought about that, Swat', after I posted and walked away. My exact thought was "I wonder what the topic of the thread where I posted the pronunciation was... I hope I was close to being on topic..."

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
This is a prime example of what happens to people when:
Good Office Time Goes Bad..
otherwise known as .
When Procrastination Attacks.

Back from vacation ready to get Giga with it.. ir Jigga with it..

On topic however, has anyone that is taller than 6" figured out if this feature is really all that necessary.. I would think that this roadster would not allow for a great deal of wiggle room in adjusting things.. Good and bad.. bad cause you can't get absolutely confortable..
Good.. well I'm still thinking about the good.. the bad has me all out of shape..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
LMAO yeah we really digressed...

Doc doesn't sound very British in the rest of the movie, but point ceeded... I always wondered why he said it that way, and yeah, it's a lot of power.

Personally, I'm not really tall, or lanky, but I've been in several cars where it would have been nice to be able to pull the steering wheel closer or push it further away without having to adjust the tilt on the seat... It's like you have to reach a little too far for the wheel when your feet are at the pedals just right, and you don't want to lean forward more and wind up stretching, or you don't want to have to lean back more but you feel cramped... Oh well, if they have it, that would be great... but, it's not something I'm used to at this point, so if it's not there, I wouldn't miss it much. Auto headlights, OTOH, I WOULD miss, but I sure would like to be able to manually turn them off (which you CAN do in some Ions, but you can't in the Vue :( ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
I have heard that the fore/aft placement of the wheel vs. the pedals is very nice, and the steering wheel is neither too far away nor too close for the few people that have taken the time to notice.

One person said to me, "drive a Toyota Matrix or Pontiac Vibe - there's an example of where the steering wheel is too far away from you once you have set your seat position for good pedal operation."

I'd imagine the Fiero being more on the other end of the spectrum, where the wheel is too close once seating is set for pedals - I've heard several, uhh... lesser-stature people claim that once they set the seat to operate the brakes and clutch in a Fiero, the steering wheel was only 3" from their chest.

I've also heard that some of the higher-seated-height individuals (tall torso), or individuals that prefer setting the steering wheel tilt a bit low will have trouble seeing the top of the speedo and the tach, and will also have trouble seeing the fuel gage.

Comments related to solstice, but IIRC, gage cluster and column, pedal layout, etc. are all common from Sol' to Sky.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top