Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to tip your salesman? Thinking I might give him something with 3 digits, for putting up with my naggy phone calls wanting to see how my car is coming along.

·
Registered
115 Posts
perhaps a small gift would be a better token of your appreciation, but not money.............he already sees enough of that, just by virtue of the business he's in. remember he's a car salesman, not a waiter making minimum wage..............:cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
agreed, I have used a gift certificate to a popular restaurant or something like that. :thumbs:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought first of a gift Certificate...

to a nice restaurant, but now I'am leaning more towards cash. Dinner for him and his wife but what restaurant? I'am concerned I might pick one they don't care for and wish they were somewhere else. Yes I was angry at him at one point, but he can only tell me what his boss allows him to tell. Shortof in the middle he is!!:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
how about a gift certificate from one of the big CD outlets? Everybody likes some type of music..................i still don't think cash is appropriate (but that's just my opinion)...........:cool:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I'm taking my saleswoman and the service manager out to lunch the day we pick up the car. They've both taken great care of me since 1991.

·
Registered
165 Posts
:grouphug: .When my car gets here we are picking it up on a day that our salesman and the GM are there. We are all gonna have pizza.

Ended up with 12 dozen home baked cookies!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
SkyRaider said:
perhaps a small gift would be a better token of your appreciation, but not money.............he already sees enough of that, just by virtue of the business he's in. remember he's a car salesman, not a waiter making minimum wage..............:cool:
The myth about car salesmen making tons of money sticks his ugly head out once again!!! :eek: I have been in auto sales for almost 5 years now and I'm still no where near "rich-hood."

Let's not "assume" all of us are getting rich selling Saturns, OK? :nono:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
115 Posts
sorry to hear you're living paycheck to paycheck......i hope sales pick up for you...................:cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is exactly what I was wanting to know. What to give my salespeople for putting up with me during this process. I am a salesperson, and know how much I appreciate the extra thank you for trying to keep my customer happy!
Is a gift certificate to a local resteraunt enought? What other appreciation gift can I give? (I have really been a pain to my Sky salesmen) - Yes I have 2 salesmen! One can't handle a blonde, midlife crisis women like me!:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Chri203 said:
This is exactly what I was wanting to know. What to give my salespeople for putting up with me during this process. I am a salesperson, and know how much I appreciate the extra thank you for trying to keep my customer happy!
Is a gift certificate to a local resteraunt enought? What other appreciation gift can I give? (I have really been a pain to my Sky salesmen) - Yes I have 2 salesmen! One can't handle a blonde, midlife crisis women like me!:lol:
I would tell you that a gift certificate for a local restaurant would be an awesome thank you gift... :thumbs: I would somehow try to find out what kind of food he/she likes and go for it. :cool: (Outback, Olive Garden, etc.)

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think mine reads this site so I can't say what my wife and I will do for his help.:D

·
Registered
308 Posts
tip

Our salesman was really good and went beyond what was necessary to protect our car while it was on the showroom floor. We gave him a thank you card with a gift certificate to a local restaurant, saying dinner's on us!

I think he was surprised and genuinely appreciated it.
He earned it!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wow! How awesome that you guys think so highly of your sales consultants! How about a Visa gift card? It's like cash, but they can use it anywhere that takes Visa.
Just a thought,
Jill

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I definitely agree that the dealer, and in my case, dealer AND GM should get something for putting up with my whining and moaning and groaning and all that good stuff. Not sure what I'm going to do...... but something.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gift

I will also be doing something for my sales person, Andy. He's been very nice to me throughout the process thus far so I may buy a nice gift or perhaps a gift certificate to somewhere. I still have a few weeks to decide. Appreciation is something we all must show to those who go out of their way for us.
Jayne

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes...didn't think of that.....

Saturn Sales said:
Wow! How awesome that you guys think so highly of your sales consultants! How about a Visa gift card? It's like cash, but they can use it anywhere that takes Visa.
Just a thought,
Jill
Visa Gift card it shall be!!! :D How much do you suggest!! Stock is doing great at the moment:cheers: Except for Rite Aid that is. Lost my pants on that one so far.....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
marlboromike said:
I gave my salesman a second customer...what do I get?
When I refered someone, they sent me a check for $200. Ask them if they will do that to.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts