·
Registered
2,369 Posts
That's one reason I mentioned them - I wasn't just 'falken around'! :p

Reactions: skersfan and JohnWR

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
I tell you Bill, they are very good tires. I don't know the price, I just said put them on. Almost every desert type truck/street driven truck around here uses the Wild Peaks. I would bet at least 8-9 customers at Pass Auto use the Wild Peaks. My mechanic is a lead Team mechanic for one of the Leduc's racing trucks. He has them on his truck. Leduc's are not sponsored by Falken.

I think price wise they are down the list from the Michelins, but quality so far seems to be very good. One comment is that they are noisy, but I truly have not noticed that. But I am damned near deaf, according to the other half. I call it selective hearing.

Smooth riding, and excellent traction on dry ground. I don't intentionally drive in the rain, so neither have seen that much rain use. The wife's NA has and she has not complained about them at all. She never stopped complaining about the Michelin's. Again I think the problem was our roads, but it was enough of a problem, that I basically gave them away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Follow the link in my previous post. It was the first place i checked & they are in the Toronto area. No idea if they are an 'authorized' dealer though but they've been around for a few years now.
Like I mentioned earlier, I found a local dealer in my area that had a Riken listed on its website but it was a no-go on a hard inquiry. The fact that I have had direct contact with Riken (btw, the end part of their e-mail address is michelin.com) in regard to my inquiry about a local dealer and the response was no, not in Canada. I would hazard a guess that if any tire dealer were selling them, stock was obtained from outside the country.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Price wise, I am not sure what I paid for them, but am very happy with the performance. Very happy with Falken and have many friends that are using them in my area.
I was curious and checked Tire Rack, they only offered one Falken tire.
FALKEN
AZENIS FK510
Ultra High Performance Summer
  • Size: 245/45ZR18 (100Y) XL
$155.00 ea

Thanks for the discussion on the Rikens, you guys have provided great info!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a set of BFGoodrich g-Force Comp-2 A/S on my Sky... And I've been happy with them. 255s in back and 245s in front.

Before that I had 255 Goodyear F1 Eagles. The F1s are performance tires and look great. But for me, everything about the BFG tires is better. Better at hugging the road, hold tread better, look better and smoother ride.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Chinese tires. Don't think I would buy them no matter how good they are.
I wouldn't apply that to tires made in China for the major manufacturers, but when it is an unknown China-only brand I have to agree - despite good Amazon reviews I would tend to shy away. There are manufacturers that have established a pretty good record (Hankook - Korea, Kumho - Korea, Sumitomo - Japan, Toyo - Japan) but 'new' brands are something to be cautious about.

Choosing something readily available in your country also makes sense, so Riken looks like a poor choice for Canadians.

·
Super Moderator
5,785 Posts
I wouldn't apply that to tires made in China for the major manufacturers.........
Recent events have made me even more cognizent than usual about where things are made, and whose name is behind it is carrying less weight than where it comes from.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts