Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this the tire that will be on the 2007 Sky?

http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+RS-A&mrktarea=Performance&treadwidth=&aspectratio=&rimdiameter=&sidewall=

This tire has excellent ratings across the board (according to Goodyear anyway).

I really like this tire though.

http://www.goodyeartires.com/goodyeartireselector/display_tire.jsp?prodline=Eagle+F1&mrktarea=Performance&treadwidth=&aspectratio=&rimdiameter=&sidewall=

It has a better Dry / Wet rating. And the tread pattern is much more aggressive. This tire is closer to what the concept car was displayed with.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have to go out an buy a set of the F1's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
The Tire Rack lists the Goodyear Eagle RS-A as 16 out of 22. The tire is scored at 5.7 Vs the best in the category of 8.8. It’s not at the bottom but it’s in the bottom half. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Very few manufacturers put the best possible tire on a car. Just make the change as soon as possible to a better tire. For me, I think having the wheels powercoated right away gives me the excuse to get new tires mounted. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
I wish they would give you a choice (sport pkg?) because the F1s actually cost less than the RS-As.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
The RS-A has probably been chosen because GM felt it was a good compromise between good ride quality with better than average handling ability from an all season tire. I would have liked to see an optional performance tire available as an extra cost, but they must have decided against that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Fformula88 said:
The RS-A has probably been chosen because GM felt it was a good compromise between good ride quality with better than average handling ability from an all season tire. I would have liked to see an optional performance tire available as an extra cost, but they must have decided against that.
However, they always do their "PR shots" (brochures/ads) with the F1s :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Once they wear out I'll change them :lol: Shouldn't take long with the driving I intend to do :cheers: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
nighttripper said:
Once they wear out I'll change them :lol: Shouldn't take long with the driving I intend to do :cheers: :lol:
My thoughts exactly! :lol:

Just gives me more reason to drive the hell out of it and wear those tires out.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
What it is?

CarJunkie said:
Very few manufacturers put the best possible tire on a car. Just make the change as soon as possible to a better tire. For me, I think having the wheels powercoated right away gives me the excuse to get new tires mounted. :thumbs:
Hi CarJunkie, What is the world is powercoating? I have heard of Powdercoating and then baking in oven. Does powercoating make the wheels go faster?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
RS-A are a good ride but will wear quickly.. i'll probably switch them quickly.. if this had more power we could kill them off in a day of drifting..
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top