Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still waiting in canada:mad: while i'm waiting. this is my first saturn. have bought gm for many years. to all you former or present saturn owners, what's your overall opinion about there product, and service? good-bad-ugly. forget about how much you love this car,because i do to.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
This is our 2nd.. Never had a problem with Saturn..Seal9:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
My SKY is my third

First two - no problems. Way better than Chevy or Pontiac in terms of quality of product and quality of service. I think the SKY will continue that tradition.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
her sky said:
still waiting in canada:mad: while i'm waiting. this is my first saturn. have bought gm for many years. to all you former or present saturn owners, what's your overall opinion about there product, and service? good-bad-ugly. forget about how much you love this car,because i do to.:thumbs:
One word - Fantastic

Ok a few more -- this is my 4th Saturn... Do not judge the whole SKY order experience with the actual Saturn experience. The level of service is unparalleled

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is my first Saturn.
I am pleasantly pleased with all aspects of this experience!
In other words I'm pretty darn happy!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The SKY is my 11th in 10 yrs, AURA & SKY R/L 12 & 13, that tells you something about the quality of Saturns. I have bought them all, SC, SL, L series, VUE, Relay, and IONs, never had a major problem with any of them, starting in '97 latest is an '07, never a complaint on the vehicles or the service, sales what ever it is the BEST!!!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
We had a Saturn SL for 14 years and ran it for 246,000 miles. Over the years, we had less than $1000 in repairs or replacements. We gave it to charity last year when we bought a used mini-van (dodge) that was only a couple years old...we have put nearly $3000 into that one already!
Love the Saturn dealership. Loved the old Saturn. Love our new Saturn.:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I bought a new 1995 SC2 in Aug of 95. The car now has 255,000 miles on it as of today. The most expensive repair was $400 for the sunroof. I have the orginal engine and orginal clutch. The service has been excellent. I couldn't have ask for a better car or better service.

The main reason I am getting a Sky is because of the service I have recieved at my dealer. I'm not sure if the Sky was offered by Chevy or Ford I would buy one. But since it's a Saturn I have NO apprehention about getting the car.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I bought a new 1997 SC 1 in Mar. 1997. I now have 150,000 miles. The only major expenses other than normal maintenance were for a cracked radiator ($500) and leaking engine gasket ($250) this year. When I bought it it got about 40mpg. Now it averages 33mpg. Still not too bad. Love the car. It has been so good to me. Customer service and service department :thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
First Saturn/GM Product

This was my first Saturn/GM purchase. This will be my last GM purchase! I absolutely love the car, however, I'm not submitting myself to the extortion tactics again. I realize this is a hot car, though, I wonder how badly the retail experience for the Sky will sour the taste for new GM owners such as myself.

Though, I must say; my salesman was awesome! I don't believe for a moment that dealership deserves his service.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wow, bad news I don't think you have had the normal Saturn experiance. Saturn is known for its service after the sale. Give them a chance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm so glad this was posted. I asked around too about Saturns because I have never owned one before myself. I only talked to about 11-12 people who were either previous/current Saturn owners and a couple of mechanics that I trust. They ALL said they either loved their Saturn or they have always heard really good things about them. Only one person said Saturns were a piece of s**t. That was my cousin who went out and bought a 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse AFTER I told her I was getting one for graduation. I know I shouldn't change my mind just because she went out and bought one before I had the chance to get mine but I really do think I will be more happier with the Sky. In my opinion, this is a MUCH BETTER graduation gift and I consider myself lucky to be able to own one (well 8-10 weeks anyways).I asked her if she ever owned a Saturn before and she said No. Go figure, huh?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
OUSoonersgirl.... my mom has the 2006 Eclipse GT, fully loaded. I'm getting the Sky. No comparision in my eyes (or anyone else's that I have talked to). Even my mom is wishing she was getting a Sky now. Good choice!;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
My SC2 is 11 years old now and still going strong. It has 76,000 miles and over the years have only spent about $600 on minor repairs. Still love the car so I'm keeping it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm on my fifth Saturn in ten years with the SKY. The experience of buying the SKY was terrible, and I'm not sure I'll ever buy another Saturn.

I bought a SL-1 in 1996, and a SC-2 in 2001. In 2001 I also bought an L-200 (still have, the best car we've ever owned), and I traded the SC-2 for a 2004 ION Quade Coupe (which is for sale if anyone is interested LOL!). I got my SKY a week ago.

We had problems with the SL-1, it had not one, but two cracked heads. When the first one went, we had to pay for it--it was before Saturn realized they had a problem on their hands. We weren't happy, at 38,000 miles a well maintained car shouldn't have this happen. But then they refunded our money on it when they realized there was an across the board problem. When my husband took it in for an oil change at 86,000 miles and it had happened again, I refused to take the car back, and we bought the L-200 on the spot.

(One week earlier we had bought the SC-2 to replace a 1998 Jetta that had been wrecked in an accident)

We've also got a 2005 Prius, only because the only Hybrid Saturn was offering when we needed to buy one was an SUV and we were getting better milage with the L-200 than their Hybrid SUV had.

As you can see, I buy cars like some people change underwear, so Saturn was foolish to lose my business. I've been very loyal to them, but I doubt it will stay that way after the way they totally jerked me around with buying the SKY.

Anne

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks, guy's and gal's. overall owning a saturn seems like a positive experience. good to know. thanks, again

·
Registered
165 Posts
her sky said:
thanks, guy's and gal's. overall owning a saturn seems like a positive experience. good to know. thanks, again
Sky is our 12th Saturn. 10th with this dealership. We will never buy a car that is not a Saturn (unless something with the dealership changes drastically!):D :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
This will be my third Saturn. My first one is an 1996 SC1 that I still drive and love today. They went above and beyond for customer satisfaction with my first purchase. Unfortunately, my second Saturn was a 2003 VUE that was loaded with every option and spent more time in the shop than at home.:banghead: The best they could do was to give us free oil changes, but we ended up trading it in within two years. After that experience I was leary of Saturn again, but when I saw this car I fell in love! I will be going into this purchase a little wiser about the Saturn experience.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.