Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband called me a gearhead, or is it Gear Head,m or gear-head? I laughed it off, walked away and had no idea what a gearhead is. Is it funny? Insulting? What? He said it was "cool". Assistance please.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
My husband called me a gearhead, or is it Gear Head,m or gear-head? I laughed it off, walked away and had no idea what a gearhead is. Is it funny? Insulting? What? He said it was "cool". Assistance please.
GearHead: A person with a strong interest in all things mechanical

A Gearhead is someone who: #is a car enthusiast. Gearheads like to obsess about the minutia related to equipment or gear pertaining to cars. They especially enjoy discussing the performance aspects of a car. #is mechanically inclined and enjoys tinkering with mechanical objects.

It isn't a bad thing to be called a gear head.
:cheers:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
means that you are really into your "ride"! not to worry...not insulting.:lol: did you ever get that situation taken care of with the dealer and your deposit? (and receipt)?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sky-
As a matter of fact I did. This is the email I received (quite impressive if you ask me, but only after I got Saturn after them for unresponsiveness):

Rachel,
I am sending you this information via email so that you will have a permanent record of it. Tosca deposited your check on Monday, August 15th per your agreement with her. The receipt number is 25542 and a copy will be mailed to you today. Please keep the copy in a secure place so that in the event you should decide at any time to cancel your order or purchase we can refund your $500.00 deposit. You have been placed on our internal list of SKY intenders and as of yesterday were 48th on that list. However, not all intenders have placed an actual deposit for the SKY as you and a number of others have. Consequently, when the order images become available those who have deposits will receive the vehicles first in the order in which they were received. The other customers will be notified at the same time, however, they will only receive preference as their deposits are placed. This places you in an excellent position to be one of the early owners of the new Saturn SKY. In addition, Tosca will be entering your information into the GMLaunch.com, SKY Leads Manifest List, SKY Dialogue Campaign and SKY Early Registration Program. The early registration program will entitle you to receive SKY information mailings and be notified when you will be able to actually place your specific order with color and option choices from Saturn of The Valley.

Rachel, let me be the first to apologize for any confusion or heart ache this reservation process has caused you. Our Saturn Customers are our greatest assets and we go to great lengths to make certain that they are completely satisfied with their new Saturn automobiles and our facilities. While this started out a bit rocky for you, I am certain that you will find in your future dealings with Saturn of The Valley that we do indeed put "People First." Both Jon (Tosca's sales manager) and I will be looking over your order as we approach launch of the 2007 SKY. As I shared with you on the phone the other day, you have my word we will get you your car as fast as we can as they become available. As a GM Retailer of the Year recipient for three years running, a two time Summit Award facility for two years running and a leader in sales and customer enthusiasm, we will have the allocation to get you your car while others may only be able to talk about it.

If you have any additional questions or concerns what so ever, you may contact either myself at my direct telephone number, Tosca will be checking in with you from time to time as we approach year end keeping you informed of any shifting time tables as we approach launch. Once again, thank you for your order and we take your concerns to heart.

With Utmost Sincerity,
Dennis McCroskey
Saturn of The Valley
General Manager

And on that note, I got the receipt in the mail today. How about that?

So now it's all about just getting the car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Sky-
As a matter of fact I did. This is the email I received (quite impressive if you ask me, but only after I got Saturn after them for unresponsiveness):

Rachel,
I am sending you this information via email so that you will have a permanent record of it. Tosca deposited your check on Monday, August 15th per your agreement with her. The receipt number is 25542 and a copy will be mailed to you today. Please keep the copy in a secure place so that in the event you should decide at any time to cancel your order or purchase we can refund your $500.00 deposit. You have been placed on our internal list of SKY intenders and as of yesterday were 48th on that list. However, not all intenders have placed an actual deposit for the SKY as you and a number of others have. Consequently, when the order images become available those who have deposits will receive the vehicles first in the order in which they were received. The other customers will be notified at the same time, however, they will only receive preference as their deposits are placed. This places you in an excellent position to be one of the early owners of the new Saturn SKY. In addition, Tosca will be entering your information into the GMLaunch.com, SKY Leads Manifest List, SKY Dialogue Campaign and SKY Early Registration Program. The early registration program will entitle you to receive SKY information mailings and be notified when you will be able to actually place your specific order with color and option choices from Saturn of The Valley.

Rachel, let me be the first to apologize for any confusion or heart ache this reservation process has caused you. Our Saturn Customers are our greatest assets and we go to great lengths to make certain that they are completely satisfied with their new Saturn automobiles and our facilities. While this started out a bit rocky for you, I am certain that you will find in your future dealings with Saturn of The Valley that we do indeed put "People First." Both Jon (Tosca's sales manager) and I will be looking over your order as we approach launch of the 2007 SKY. As I shared with you on the phone the other day, you have my word we will get you your car as fast as we can as they become available. As a GM Retailer of the Year recipient for three years running, a two time Summit Award facility for two years running and a leader in sales and customer enthusiasm, we will have the allocation to get you your car while others may only be able to talk about it.

If you have any additional questions or concerns what so ever, you may contact either myself at my direct telephone number, Tosca will be checking in with you from time to time as we approach year end keeping you informed of any shifting time tables as we approach launch. Once again, thank you for your order and we take your concerns to heart.

With Utmost Sincerity,
Dennis McCroskey
Saturn of The Valley
General Manager

And on that note, I got the receipt in the mail today. How about that?

So now it's all about just getting the car.
the "waiting game"!:lol: Congrats & Way to go. :cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jealous of "gearhead"

Great response from the dealership, Angel. I can't even get mine local dealer to take deposit and I have stood in front of the GM with a check in hand.

Wonder if cash would work? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
mhw745 said:
Great response from the dealership, Angel. I can't even get mine local dealer to take deposit and I have stood in front of the GM with a check in hand.

Wonder if cash would work? :banghead:
Worked for me. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
marklynn70 said:
Worked for me. :)
Some of them are just taking their time. Hopefully we all can get a MY07, RL or Base with whatever we want with no hassles (Depositing Dealer vs Non-Depositing Dealer). I am sure my current car can tide me over long enough! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts