·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the forum opinion on the factory mudflaps? :confused:

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you like them put them on. I don't care for the look, wouldn't want to drive in conditions that warrant using them. See if someone has a picture of them actually on the Sky before you buy.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Even thought I will NOT drive my SKY when the weather gets bad (slush-snow-ice-and the wonderful DPW installed :mad: )
I do plan on having the 'mud flaps' installed........In MHO they 'finish off' the wheel well arch. But like a wise person said...."I'd rather have em and not need em-rather than the reverse"

·
Registered
59 Posts
I do not currently have them on, but I am ordering some after I saw what happens when you do run thru a puddle. The entire side of the car got sprayed from the tires, just after I washed it mind you...:banghead: . Oh well, at least it's fun to clean.:D

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got 'em

I have the Saturn mud flaps installed. I think they finish out the wheel well arches (as said earlier) as well as help keep the sides cleaner after rain showers.

Jim

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Having driven my car for a while -- name a condition where you DON'T need them.:willy: I get dirt flung up upon the sidewalls even on dry paved roads. God forbid we drive in the rain or through a puddle. With the 9 inch wide tires they are a MUST -- And please they are NOT Mud Flaps -:nono: - they are Splash Guards -- and that is what they do.:thumbs:

·
Registered
139 Posts
StarlightSky said:
If you like them put them on. I don't care for the look, wouldn't want to drive in conditions that warrant using them. See if someone has a picture of them actually on the Sky before you buy.

:agree: :thumbs:

·
Registered
230 Posts
flaps

can you install the mud flaps yourself or does the dealer need to do it?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
skybuy said:
can you install the mud flaps yourself or does the dealer need to do it?
I think they can be pretty easily done by yourself -- HOWEVER, you may have to jack the car up and take the wheel off. For me -- so far that is a problem as I do not have a proper jack. So, I most likely will have the dealer install...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm changing my mind on the spash guards. I might get them. Rick which ones did you get? Saturn or Solstice?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I think they are a worthless accessory for me, but I understand some people will need them that drive them daily.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:
I'm changing my mind on the spash guards. I might get them. Rick which ones did you get? Saturn or Solstice?
I'm sticking with SKY... They have to stick out a bit further and I am afraid the SOL might not do the trick... But I have not ordered yet...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Jordan said:
I think they are a worthless accessory for me, but I understand some people will need them that drive them daily.
Unless you fly -- the tires are constantly throwing dirt on the fenders -- I was dead set against them too... I drive nothing but paved roads...

·
Registered
540 Posts
belletire said:
I got em and like em. They don't stand out at all (IMO).
Hey Belletire, could you take some shots of your installed splash guards? I would love to see them :) I am sure that everyone else would also.

·
Registered
311 Posts
C20LET_50 said:
You can also use mud flaps from the Sol at one or both axles. They are bigger and you have to adjust a little because of the contour is a bit different.
Here is an older thread:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=66336#post66336

I would definitely NOT get the Solstice splash guards! They are too large and too UGLY on the Sky.

I would get the splash guards though!

P.S. If you do get the splash guards, be sure when getting your vehicle serviced, inform the mechanic to be especially careful when driving the car off the lift. My dealerships mechanic tore up the front quarter panel when the splash guard got caught up on the lift.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I got the splash guards for Bianca, and they are just what the doctor ordered. They fit well, they look great, and they keep her rear-end clean. Every other day, I do whip her little white backside for road grime:)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts