Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if your owners manual gives a "break-in" time (mileage) for the redline? we should be seeing ours in three or four weeks (i hope) and we have a four hour drive to get it. Only Saturn dealer in the state.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Can anyone tell me if your owners manual gives a "break-in" time (mileage) for the redline? we should be seeing ours in three or four weeks (i hope) and we have a four hour drive to get it. Only Saturn dealer in the state.
Same for both powerplants - 500 miles.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Go with the manual, and it says and I quote, page 77;

Starting & Operating Your Vehicle

Notice: Your vehicle does not need an elaborate break-in. BUT it will perform better in the long run if you follow these guidelines for the first 500 miles:
-Do not drive at any one constant speed, fast or slow.
-Do not exceed 70 MPH.
-Do not make full-throttle starts; also refrain from using the full throttle while driving. Avoid downshifting to brake, or slow, the vehicle.

IF these break-in procedures ARE not followed, the vehicles engine, axle, OR other parts could be damaged.

Avoid making hard stops for the first 200 miles or so. During this time your new brake linings are not yet broken in. Hard stops with new linings can mean premature wear and earlier replacement. Follow this break-in guideline every time you get new brake linings.

Following break-in, engine speed and load can be gradually increased. :thumbs:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your help. Even though we'll have the manual when we pick up **the new ride** It will be nice to get as much information as we can. This forum has been great with everyone contributing their experiences.

little background on our car. We live in Idaho, and when I first saw a Sky online I showed my husband and said "LOOK AT THIS COOL CAR!" we've always had a sports car of some kind until just lately, four cars, two drivers kinda didn't make sense. But, when I saw this one, WE HAD TO HAVE IT! I called from Boise (four hours away) to Las Vegas (TEN hours away) to find one, to get on a list . we were put on the list in Salt Lake City, (18th) and then they were going to combine the base and redlines, sshhheessshh that would put us even further down. But when I called Boise, they hadn't even thought of starting a list,..soooo... with a little convincing, they started one, with us at the #1 spot! Got the allocation Aug 22 with the price protection,(barely) and now we are at 3400:yay: We'll have to tuck the little Sky away for the winter, but as soon as we can, we'll be out driving.

Thanks again!

D

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
NO problem AND your welcome--Now just don't disappear on us now, you gotta keep hanging round and yapping at us--:thumbs: :glol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts