Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it to soon to wax? This is usually a heated topic amongst all new cars in the forums, as to when the paint is fully cured from the factory and when it is safe to wax the vehicle. Has anyone heard anything on these? When I painted my 64 Chevy all the body guys I spoke with said to wait 3-4 months to let the paint fully cure before applying any paste waxs. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Somebody just addressed that issue in a recent post. The answer seemed be determined by the curing process. It looks like the manufacturer uses a heat curing process that eliminates the wait. While the aftermarket paint job does have to cure over time because is tough to put a whole car in some sort of oven without the gas tank blowing up.

I took from the post that we can have our way with the waxing as soon as we get the car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
waxing

I put on one coat of sealer (klassa) and four coats of wax ( Pinnical) so far. I have 350 miles on the car. The paint looks to be four or five feet deep! My car is Chillie pepper red!:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
:drool:
WGH said:
I put on one coat of sealer (klassa) and four coats of wax ( Pinnical) so far. I have 350 miles on the car. The paint looks to be four or five feet deep! My car is Chillie pepper red!
I can't wait to do the same with my Chili Pepper Red... some day it will arrive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts