Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
VIN baby! I read where they actually started production a couple weeks ago...I think they will be here in no time! I say VIN! You will find out Tuesday right?:cool:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe, I am calling or going by everday this week that"s for sure. Wish you were back in Austin, you could SKY-in with the rest of us Texans, I love Austin, almost all of my musician friends live and play there. Sixth street has some amazing clubs, don't they? EGO"s comes to mind.:cheers: :cool: :cool:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Austin is very cool...the live music scene is definetly HOT! I was born and raised there (29 years) soooo I am kinda bored with Austin. Spent many weekends on 6th street! My entire family still lives there. I moved to Orlando for a short period and I loved it. There is soooo much to do there...then my job moved me to Miami. I live in North Miami Beach (close to Ft. Lauderdale) Two words to desribe it here....EXPENSIVE & TRAFFIC...all the time! I am ready to trade in my X-terra...trucks are definetly a Texas thang and zoom around in my SKY! I think my SKY will fit in here more than my truck! One thing still on my mind...where to park my SKY when a hurricane is on top of us!

HOOK' EM

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Karen said:
VIN baby! I read where they actually started production a couple weeks ago...I think they will be here in no time! I say VIN! You will find out Tuesday right?:cool:
Kappaman has not told us production for regular orders have started yet... he said he will as soon as he finds out...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SkyMan 07 said:
Kappaman has not told us production for regular orders have started yet... he said he will as soon as he finds out...
Are dealer demo images considered regular orders?

ERNEST

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ernest said:
ERNEST
From the info I'm gathering, no the dealer images are not considered regualr orders. Just yours, you lucky S-O-B! :lol:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ernest said:
Here is a question I pose to all of my SKY Brothers & Sisters, Will I or won't I get a VIN assigned this week?:eek: :willy: :D I put up to yall, so lets have some input & humor, :cool: ?

ERNEST,

Do you have an event history report on your car? Maybe showing event code 038 - produced? This is the only way you will have a VIN #. If you do - then congratulations - prbly see you new SKY within a few weeks!

If your code is still at 031 or earlier - doubt that you will see a VIN this week - sorry!

Really hope they get some SKYs on the road so some of you can join us in KC!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ernest said:

ERNEST
Actually yes they are because they lose one image if they use the first one as their dealer Demo... that is why Saturn changed it to the dealer has the option to use it as a dealer demo or as a first regular sale...
that is what my dealer told me and what I have heard from saturn sales and other dealers on here...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kappa Fan said:
ERNEST,

Do you have an event history report on your car? Maybe showing event code 038 - produced? This is the only way you will have a VIN #. If you do - then congratulations - prbly see you new SKY within a few weeks!

If your code is still at 031 or earlier - doubt that you will see a VIN this week - sorry!

Really hope they get some SKYs on the road so some of you can join us in KC!
I have a 334-Change to order in pipeline & a 136 Plant/TPW change to 02/03/06, what is your opinion? All are Active Ind A.:willy: :crazy:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ernest said:
I have a 334-Change to order in pipeline & a 136 Plant/TPW change to 02/03/06, what is your opinion? All are Active Ind A.:willy: :crazy:

My opinion (based on how my car - Solstice - was produced, with event codes) your "To be Produced Week" was last week. Hopefully your salesman should be able to give you a VIN # on Tuesday (isn't that when they get their updates?) and your event code should go to "Produced" maybe 338 (i don't know how Saturn matches to our codes - 3800 was produced on the Solstice).

I believe that I read that early on the a TPW with the Solstice sometimes didn't really help any because it would get "pushed back" due to production issues.

I did not look to see where the car will be delivered to - that also will factor into the length of time before you see it. If it has to be put on a railcar to get to you - that can add 2-3 weeks, from everything I've read on the Solstice site.

Good luck to you Kappa Brother! :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ernest....I an gonna run home Tuesday from work and I will be looking for your post! VIN...baby!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Okay Ernest, I'm going to be checking all day Tuesday for your post telling us you got your VIN number! I am so excited for you! I can't hardly stand it! I'll be thinking about ya!:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
More about Vin

Vin Diesel never shaves; he shoots himself in the face every morning so his facial hair doesn't get the wrong idea

Onions do not make Vin Diesel cry. Vin Diesel makes onions poop themselves.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Vin Diesel allows to live.

When Vin Diesel was born, the nurse said, "Holy crap! That's Vin Diesel!" Then she had had sex with him. At that point, she was the third girl he had slept with.

In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Vin Diesel could use to kill you, including the room itself.

Vin Diesel has two speeds: walk and kill.

When Vin Diesel jumps into a body of water, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Vin instead.

You are what you eat. That is why Vin Diesel's diet consists entirely of bricks, steel, and the tears of small children.

Vin Diesel ripped out of all Charlie Brown's hair but left a single strand to remind him one day he'd come back to eat him.
When Vin Diesel does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Peanuts are allergic to Vin Diesel.

Guns don't kill people, Vin Diesel kills people. Sometimes with guns.

With the rising cost of gasoline, Vin Diesel is beginning to worry about his drinking habit.

There are two types of people in this world: the dead, and those who have not yet met Vin Diesel.

Nine out of every ten married women admit to having had an affair with Vin Diesel. The other 1 in 10 didn't survive the foreplay.

It takes Vin Diesel 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.

Vin Diesel invented the hammer when he was tired of using his forehead to slam nails into wood.

(just some borrowed bits from www.4q.cc to lighten things up)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ernest....be sure to post your delivery party date. My husband and I will try to drive up for the gala event. Your pal in Kerrville :cheers: Sheryl

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will try to schedule the party on a weekend, Saturday, if possible, I would love to have you all come up, You will have to take it for a spin if you do, or that might be to much to ask. As long as you have a valid drivers and my permission, my insurance will cover you.:cool: :yesnod: :driving: I wouldn't let Joe Blow off the street walk in to the showroom and drive my SKY,but my brothers & sisters that have been going thru this with me, are trusted comrades, who will show it the respect it deserves.:thumbs:

ERNEST:thumbs: :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Is that the red or the white :cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ernest said:

ERNEST

Ernest and all.... i was told today by my GM... that HE ACTUALLY HIMSELF.. purchased the first Sky that they will be getting..... NOT SURE I LIKE THAT... JUST MAKES THE REST OF US WAIT EVEN LONGER..... GRRRRRR... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 20 Posts