Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a lot written on this forum about what color sky to get, which looks best, etc. i think we need to keep in mind, that regardless of color, it is the same car underneath. so the color doesn't really matter, they are all the same car. :)

just because two cars are different colors does not necessarily mean one is better than the other. :nono:

if i ever get a sky, i will take whatever color they have! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
What's underneath

skyepilot said:
there is a lot written on this forum about what color sky to get, which looks best, etc. i think we need to keep in mind, that regardless of color, it is the same car underneath. so the color doesn't really matter, they are all the same car. :)

just because two cars are different colors does not necessarily mean one is better than the other. :nono:

Yes what is underneath is the techincal aspect - which appeals to logic - color, on the other hand, is more of an emotional thing - and it can make a huge difference. Sure when you are behind the wheel the handling performance and driving experience may be the same regardless of color - but the emotional aspect of color choice is something that must always remain a personal choice. For example, just because there are many posts from folks (including myself) who are rather disappointed by the photos of the Bluestone color - that same color may be just perfect for someone else - and although expressions such as that is a horrible color have been posted - I would hope that no one would have anything negative to say to or about a person who chose to buy Bluestone.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lil GTO said:
I would hope that no one would have anything negative to say to or about a person who chose to buy Bluestone.
No.. you shouldn't have anything bad to say to the person who chose Bluestone... but you definitely could say some bad things about that color to others... :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
skyepilot said:

I'm not sure that is the point. The discussion has nothing to do with "tolerance". The reason why so many people have responded to this particular post is because color is such a key component to our aesthetic sense. Color is an expression of one's personal taste and an extension of one's personality. Just think about it. How much of our lives is affected by color? From the clothing we wear, to the furniture we put in our homes, to the cars we drive. Sure, there could be some folks out there who buy a car simply on it's design and mechanics. But I find it hard to believe that color would have absolutely no part in the decision process............:cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Color is extremely important. To me, each car IS different in a different color. Silver is bright and modern, black is sleek and classy. The color can almost make the car look different. Im going with graphite, but we have all seen this car advertised mostly in silver pearl which makes sense since it looks really modern and clean. Silver pearl definitly shows the shape of the car best, IMO. But that graphite is just soooo perty!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Color is and laways shall be a personal preference. One color is not better than another, just because i like blue does not mean you have to like it, and just because someone else likes silver does not mean i have to like it, I don;t know what the point of this thread was. everyone knows that color choice has nothing to do with the car it's self.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yellow is the Anti-Silver.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
skyepilot said:

:D :cheers:

·
Registered
169 Posts
People, I beleive this is a car we are all here about, that's it, nothing more. We are not going to solve the world problems with it. We all like what we like and that's it. Nothing more and nothing less. Let's not go too deep into this issue, it already has been discussed 17 different ways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts