Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder that if you will be driving in Toll areas, such as Chicago, and you don't have a Pass, you have to have a lot of change...but there isn't a good place to store in, or a lot of $ bills to go through the manual lanes. I forgot there isn't a cig tray (where I usually put my change). Anyone figure out a good place to store it...where it doesn't roll around and make a mess?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow... I never thought of that.

I always put my change in the ashtray since I don't smoke. hmmmm now what?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well...it's probably not the best and certainly not the most attractive idea, but...you could just keep some change in a cup and put the cup in the cup holder. Can't really think of anything else at the moment...I use an I-Pass so I don't have that problem. :D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You can keep a pretty good stash of coins handy in the folds of the shifter boot. Additional change can be kept not quite as handy in the little "tray" that's found inboard at the bottom of the door. Not so easy to reach, but what on the Sky is? Folding money I just stuff in my shirt pocket.

Have you discovered the pockets on the front of the seats? You could stash some cash there too, and it would be fairly easily accessible.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the aftermarket offers a shallow tray that will fit under the emergency brake lever.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
ggccg said:
You can keep a pretty good stash of coins handy in the folds of the shifter boot. Additional change can be kept not quite as handy in the little "tray" that's found inboard at the bottom of the door. Not so easy to reach, but what on the Sky is? Folding money I just stuff in my shirt pocket.

Have you discovered the pockets on the front of the seats? You could stash some cash there too, and it would be fairly easily accessible.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the aftermarket offers a shallow tray that will fit under the emergency brake lever.
What about a little pouch somewhere, don't know the interior yet..but a change purse with a zipper could be a start.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've had this problem too, my toll change ends up on the passenger seat when there's no one there, actually, everything does. My cell fits great in the front seat pocket though. I love my car from the bottom of my heart, but I wish it was built with some of these little things in mind. Sunglasses, change, CD's, there is no place convenient to put these things. None of it matters on a nice day with the top down though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had the same problem on my trip. :driving: I hadn't found the front of the seat pouch at the time but that would help. I just used the seat but it had me thinking for a way out. My wife has found a sleek car caddy (Duluth Trading) that you can hang over the passenger seat for all kind of goodies but, that wont work with a passenger. They also make an insert that fits in the cup holder to put goodies in.
However, I had a bigger problem on toll roads, the automatic ticket lanes. Unless you get real close and have "long" arms, it's a challenge to retrieve a ticket (Mass Pike).:confused: My wife would never make it. I jut about made it. Any other short-armed toll road drivers out there?
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
They also make an insert that fits in the cup holder to put goodies in.
Went to the Duluth Trading website and could not find this cup holder insert...what section is it in and what's it called? Thanks!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool! I hadn't realized there was a front pocket on the seat.:) Chicago you get hit with $0.80 every 1000 feet you drive (so it seems) and I always have to have a roll of quarters and nickles. The seat pocket seems like a good way to store them. I haven't noticed any tray by the seat at the floor. I will have to go out and look.

Thanks!:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
OOPS, I found the cup holder on ebay. Guess I left that out. Sorry:thumbs: The cup holder would work but I thought it was overpriced. I'm still searching for the "perfect" gadget. Stay tuned.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The glove box should be big enough to hold a little change:D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I've seen products similar to this, but holders, not cases, in sporting goods shops and auto supply stores... clip on the visor and hold your sunglasses. This looks interesting because it also has some pockets you can store change and stuff in. Heck... you could even skip putting your glasses in it and use that compartment for change and dollar bills. Verify size of any visor organizer as the Sky visor is a bit smaller than average.

http://www.shop.com/op/~Visor_Sunglasses_Holder-prod-7605172?sale=1

Here's an example of the clip on sunglass holder only:

http://www.technical-gear.com/sunglasses/sunglasses_accessories.htm

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
rick112 said:
The glove box should be big enough to hold a little change:D
It will hold quite a bit of change, but it's a stretch to reach the glove box. I think people are looking for someplace conveniently within reach.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ggccg said:
It will hold quite a bit of change, but it's a stretch to reach the glove box. I think people are looking for someplace conveniently within reach.
:agree:

I tried both that and the center console compartment and neither are convenient. I think a redesign is in order for the console. A change holder plus relocate the power window buttons. Those PW buttons are a challenge for non-contortionist when rolling windows up and down thru toll booths when its raining and trying to shift and change lanes!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
However, I had a bigger problem on toll roads, the automatic ticket lanes. Unless you get real close and have "long" arms, it's a challenge to retrieve a ticket (Mass Pike).:confused: My wife would never make it. I jut about made it. Any other short-armed toll road drivers out there?
Good God yes!! I was on the Pike a few weeks ago, and I'm only 5'6". I had to put the SKY in Neutral, lift the parking brake, take off my seatbelt, and stick half of my body out of the car to get that darn ticket! :willy:. There was a good natured guy behind me who yelled "There ya go!" when I finally grabbed the ticket :lol:. I think next time I may have to step out of the car, lol!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I use and Mini M&Ms tube in my center console. It holds about 9-10 dollars in quarters perfect diameter with a snap lock lid. Not to mention you get to enjoy eating them first.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
Just a reminder that if you will be driving in Toll areas, such as Chicago, and you don't have a Pass, you have to have a lot of change...but there isn't a good place to store in, or a lot of $ bills to go through the manual lanes. I forgot there isn't a cig tray (where I usually put my change). Anyone figure out a good place to store it...where it doesn't roll around and make a mess?
How about this.....:D
You take your brand new car........:) that created your brand new world of "coolness".....:rolleyes: and move to sunny Southern California so you don't HAVE to use toll roads.

Just a thought...:lol:

Honestly, as I was reading through the thread, I thought of the same thing, of putting a cup in the cupholder with change. At night just put it in your storage spot.

·
Registered
669 Posts
marklynn70 said:
I use and Mini M&Ms tube in my center console. It holds about 9-10 dollars in quarters perfect diameter with a snap lock lid. Not to mention you get to enjoy eating them first.
Way to go Mark! Love that idea...but being diabetic...I'll have to let my son eat the candy. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
How about this.....:D
You take your brand new car........:) that created your brand new world of "coolness".....:rolleyes: and move to sunny Southern California so you don't HAVE to use toll roads.
[Jack Sparrow voice]

Clearly you've nevah driven from Rivahsahd to Irvine...

[/Jack Sparrow voice]

·
Registered
410 Posts
I had this problem from day 1. I went to Pep Boys and found a change dispenser that fits in the cup-holder. It is spring loaded which is cool and it cost around five bucks. Wal-mart and Auto Zone should be able to help as well:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts