Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will SATURN offer a tonneau cover for the SKY otr can I find one in the aftermarket. I sure hope so because having to put the top up whenever you park it could be a pain. My TR# had one, and when you were driving solo the other side could be left fastened and help ed protedt the unoccupied seat, also against sudden rainstorms that pop up whenever you can run out & raise the top, and I guess nowadays against certain damages by bad people. That was something that wasn't worried about back in '63. People had respect for property then. Oh my GOD, I sound like my parents, I guess I am getting old, and bald!!!!!!!!!! Best to all, and to all the best!! ERNEST 07 Slvr Prl/Rd Lthr:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, they are going to offer a tounneau cover. On our local dealer website it is already on there under the available accessories section. No price listed as yet though!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear from you!

boots said:
Yes, they are going to offer a tounneau cover. On our local dealer website it is already on there under the available accessories section. No price listed as yet though!
What is the possibility of getting the part number and any other info on this from you? ERNEST Arlington, TX

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ernest said:
What is the possibility of getting the part number and any other info on this from you? ERNEST Arlington, TX
Go to houstonsaturn.com and click on the shop new area at the top. Then on the left hand side there will be a list of vehicles and click on the SKy. On the next screen on the left it will list, if I remember correctly, four or five things and just click on accessories. It is sorta vague but I was glad to see what all is going to be offered. My dealer didn't have any prices yet but if you go to the Solstice website they have a price for theirs and I would assume the one for the SKY would be about the same. I wish I could remember the price for the one on the Solstice, I just accidentally came across it! Hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tonneau cover

boots said:
Go to houstonsaturn.com and click on the shop new area at the top. Then on the left hand side there will be a list of vehicles and click on the SKy. On the next screen on the left it will list, if I remember correctly, four or five things and just click on accessories. It is sorta vague but I was glad to see what all is going to be offered. My dealer didn't have any prices yet but if you go to the Solstice website they have a price for theirs and I would assume the one for the SKY would be about the same. I wish I could remember the price for the one on the Solstice, I just accidentally came across it! Hope this helps!:)
Yes it does! Thanks! Hope to see you on the Texas hightways.:thumbs:

·
Registered
275 Posts
You're very welcome! Perhaps we will meet up one day! I plan to be out and about a great deal! Can't wait!:driving:

·
Registered
274 Posts
how the hell do I pronounce that!!
tonne'what'!... well... whatever... i'm getting one too....
hey if you guys want to meet.. i'll drive a few hours too... i'm 2 hours from houston.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
boots said:
You're very welcome! Perhaps we will meet up one day! I plan to be out and about a great deal! Can't wait!:driving:
Yea, sounds good to me. We will probably pass on the highway. Me too. I plan to do a lot of that. Today is the day for updates on the status of my order. I hope I get a mfg start date, WOO HOO!!!!!! ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
389 Posts
If it is prounounced like the French it came from, the first syllable sounds like the English word "tone" and the second syllable like "no".

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
azote said:
hey if you guys want to meet.. i'll drive a few hours too... i'm 2 hours from houston.
I prononce it ton no, it is french I think, but who cares. Whatever the case it is a real ass saver, you will realize that the first time you are stuck somewhere and one of quick t-storms hits, or those blisterimng hot summer days that cooks everything. Have a good one, stay in touch and it would be fun to meet up sometime. ERNEST:cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Boots said:
Go to houstonsaturn.com and click on the shop new area at the top. Then on the left hand side there will be a list of vehicles and click on the SKy. On the next screen on the left it will list, if I remember correctly, four or five things and just click on accessories. It is sorta vague but I was glad to see what all is going to be offered. My dealer didn't have any prices yet but if you go to the Solstice website they have a price for theirs and I would assume the one for the SKY would be about the same. I wish I could remember the price for the one on the Solstice, I just accidentally came across it! Hope this helps!
Prices for the tonneau cover and other accessories for the Solstice found here.
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories/frameset3.cfm

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Speaking Texan

brentil said:
http://www.webster.com/dictionary/Tonneau
Pronunciation: 'tä-"nO, t&-'nO

No, it is not.
Oops! Can't argue with old Webster & his dictionary:lol: But Webster didn't not have a Texas drawl, ya know wut I mean? Other Texas words include: Ja eet yet? Naw. Ya ont to? eh! Y'all come back now, ya hear! ERNEST:D :thumbs: :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Compatabilty/Fit

brentil said:
http://www.webster.com/dictionary/Tonneau
Pronunciation: 'tä-"nO, t&-'nO

No, it is not.
Hey Brentil, will the Sol tonneau cover fit the SKY or will we have to wait for Saturn on this one? Iwas wondering because I hope to get my SKY soon and would like to get one for day one, Ya wut ah meean? :lol: :driving:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
275 Posts
azote said:
We could go either way! I was just in Lake Charles a couple of weeks ago at La Berge du Lac! We will all have to plan something similar to the west coast drive, maybe do a Hill Country one, something (somewhere) convenient for all of us down here to convene and check out each others cars! :yesnod:

·
Registered
274 Posts
boots said:
We could go either way! I was just in Lake Charles a couple of weeks ago at La Berge du Lac! We will all have to plan something similar to the west coast drive, maybe do a Hill Country one, something (somewhere) convenient for all of us down here to convene and check out each others cars! :yesnod:
that sounds fair... let's wait until a couple of us gets the car and we can plan a few trips

·
Registered
238 Posts
One of the display cars in front of the Wilmington plant , has a tonneau cover on it. I'll see if I can get a photo.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts