Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the Tonneau Covr is worth the $336 Saturn is asking for it? Has anyone purchased one? If so do you have pics.

·
Registered
478 Posts
No, I don't think it is worth it. I don't have any pics.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
My observations on the Tonneau Cover that I bought and have not yet installed. It's in my garage. Want it?

Observations

I also posted the installation instructions so that you could see the process involved in fitting it to your car...

Instructions

·
Registered
316 Posts
pita :banghead:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not for me

I had a tonneau cover on my TR-4 when I was in college. Loved it. It allowed me to drive with the top down during Pennsylvania winters. :cool:
So, I ordered one for my Sky. It took me all of 5 minutes to decide not to install it. I would have had to drill holes in my new Sky! :willy: No way.
My wife was gracious enough to take it back. My dealer was understanding and refunded the price. In fact, the guys in service just stared at her when she said you have to drill holes in the Sky. :)
Tonneau covers have their place, but not on my Sky.

:cheers:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I thought about it before I got my SKY, thinking I might want it for when I need to park the car and I've got the top down. After getting my car, I don't see the need for one since it is so darn easy to just put the top up!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I talked to a San Diego dealer sales person and she told me you can't buy one of their skys without buying that cover. :bs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
marzinair100 said:
Do you think the Tonneau Covr is worth the $336 Saturn is asking for it? Has anyone purchased one? If so do you have pics.
If one person is usually in the car and you have a garage, I say yes it's worth it. But if not no.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Nope! Dont like that cover

Holes in that beautiful sheet metal...nope..no way!

Plus the heater, windows up and a wind restrictor of some kind makes the car pretty drivable even in colder weather...it got a little chilly the other night and even in t-shirts and that combo we were pretty comfortable.

Oh man... I just realized it was chilly....the bummer of a short summer...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ernest got one and posted his thoughts on it. His experience made me decide not to go with it. They have to drill a number of holes in your car as well. If I remember right Ernest isn't getting one for his RL.

·
Registered
802 Posts
marzinair100 said:
NO!
I had one installed and it was a bear! Only open area for driver, so it has to be totally removed for a passenger to ride along. Four holes have to be drilled in painted surface. It won't fit in the trunk with the top down. It is made of a material that is way too heavy. (bottom line) IT STINKS! I had it removed and got my money back..

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I agree, I got one and haven't used it much, beware this is not a well designed cover. Definitely won't purchase one for Mayhem!! A valuable lesson learned, but at least I can take satisfaction in knowing we can dissuade others from buying one.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I Had one for my 1974 Spitfire and only used it one time.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Ernest said:
I agree, I got one and haven't used it much, beware this is not a well designed cover. Definitely won't purchase one for Mayhem!! A valuable lesson learned, but at least I can take satisfaction in knowing we can dissuade others from buying one.
I had one on my base Solstice but I'm not getting one on my GXP. It would be different if it was something you can put on and off in 20 seconds but it's a hastle and takes less time to put the top up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts