Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
I saw the T cover as an availble part. HAs anyone bought one? How does it lock in?
I know that one member of this forum has one of these and totally regrets getting it. I saw the mounting holes he had to have drilled to install this thing and I did not understand why someone do that or if it was worth the alterations.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When I went to order my R/L I was thinking about the T. I asked the salesman and he took me over to parts and they explained how it was installed.

Basically it hooks in the back near the trunk and they have to drill 2 holes in in the front near the doors and these hook like things are inbedded. They say the top looks cool.

I asked how noticeable the hooks up front were and they sad they stick out a good bit. So, needless to say I deceided against the T.

Thornus

·
Super Moderator
6,758 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ernest has one on his Sky. He didn't get one for his Redline. He doesn't recommend them for the Sky.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I picked one up but after I looked over the install I sent it back....the mount required drilling holes....I remember my TR3A rusted out around the drilled mount holes......SEAL9:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I have one, brand new and in the box that I decided NOT to install after receiving it and reviewing the mounting instructions. If you want it, PM me and I could make you a helluva deal on it...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, I had mine installed and I must say the install was very interesting and after all of that I have used it all of two times...Not worth the money and the mounth that were drilled into the car....

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have one, brand new and in the box that I decided NOT to install after receiving it and reviewing the mounting instructions. If you want it, PM me and I could make you a helluva deal on it...
Take it back! I had mine installed by the dealer and it sucked. Only a zipper on the driver side. I had to remove the entire thing just to take the salesperson with me to gas it up on the first ride. It's junk! Too heavy, too much work to store in trunk, two holes on each side of car. Total overkill on GM's part. I removed the snaps from the drilled holes and replaced them with painted phillips screws (painted by using touch up paint tube). And, I got my money back from the dealer. I suppose they still have it in stock and it's been 6 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts