Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums and the gallery, but have not been able to find this.

Anyone have pictures of the Tonneau? I've seen the "official" accessory pictures, but I'm looking for real world pictures. Specifically interested in how it attaches to the vehicle. Snaps? Location? Etc....

Thanks!
:cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I saw those already, but I'm looking for some detail pix of the snaps, etc installed to see how dissruptive it is to the looks of the car. :)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I was pretty sure that Ernest got the tonneau cover, but I have yet to see his pics of it. Maybe you can PM him to see if he's had it installed yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Let me put it on!

Hey,

I got a tonneau cover, I've not put it on yet, let me go put it on and take some pictures. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks!

It looks like the back side slides into the trunk space. I'd like to see how it connects to the dash!

While it's not exactly the same, I have a cockpit cover for my boat that snaps on. One time I wasn't as careful as I should have been and ripped 2 snaps out of the hull... :eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ok here they are!

This cover is somewhat of a chore to put on, depending on the length your arm reach. Also, it looks great(imo) on and will protect your car's interior in the blazing sun, or on long solo trips, or in your garage at extended periods. It has its uses, however limited, and since the top of the SKY is so easy to put up, that's what I do in between drives. A car cover would be faster to put on than this cover's INITIAL put on. Another issue is that it makes the second seat inaccessible. If you have a passenger most of the time, then this accessory is a waste of money for you. I simply got it because it came with the image I purchased. So, it is up to you, but I highly advise against it unless, as stated, you drive solo on long trips often and wish to protect the passenger seat as well as not wanting to hassle with the top once you park, this cover is NOT for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
More Pictures

more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Some more!

Even more pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Snap Happy!!!! :D

Thanks for the Pix! Exactly what I was looking for.

So, you have to drill into the car panels to attach the snaps? Ouchie! :eek:

Looks like 4 snaps in the exposed panels. Other than that it looks fairly straight forward.

Definately going to need to think about it more.

The only other thing I notice is that IF it were to rain, the water would go right up the front and into the dash! I know it's not designed for "weather", but Murphy loves me! :jester:

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It also looks like you would not be able to use the KappaShield either. :confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I'm a little supprised. It looks like they had to put a lot of holes in your car to attach this thing.:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Nope nope nope not gonna do it! :willy: Seriously though it looks like more effort than just putting the top up. That and the exposed snaps I will live with putting the top up as needed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I purchased the tonneau cover. After looking at it and all the snaps and rods required, I put it back into the box (what a chore..it barely fits in the 4 foot long box) and will return it to the dealer. This thing probably wouldn't even fit into the trunk if the top were down. A car cover would take up less space and when used, would protect the entire car from the sun. Think long and hard before buying the tonneau cover.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Seriously, looks like putting the top up will be easier (and won't look as stupid IMO!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts