Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! My neighbor is an 85 year-old, long-retired engineer (read: anal & meticulous) who was one of the first on the list to pre-order a Sky in Alabama. I helped him sell it a couple years ago when working the clutch got to be too much for him. But he ordered a storage shed worth of parts when Saturn shuttered for "just in case," and now I've agreed to help him sell them as well. I'm a total noob here at skyroadster, but I'm a longtime car enthusiast and I've been active at other forums (vwvortex, ih8mud, and swedespeed), and know forums are the best place to ensure that enthusiasts end up with these parts. So, if you're concerned, look me up on swedespeed—I've bought/sold an awful lot on there. Here's a few things that I've got, and I'll add more as I'm able to inventory everything else.

All parts are still untouched and in factory boxes (except the hood—the box was too big to fit in my V10 E350). I've done some price research, but feel free to point out if I'm too high…or snag things quick if I'm underpriced. I'm just trying to help him recoup some money spent years ago. Located in Birmingham, AL I've included factory numbers on all so you can look things up. Happy to provide pics of anything on request.

Willing to ship CONUS:

25854809 Drivers tail light: $190 shipped
25854810 Passenger tail light: $190 shipped
15897022 Hood/grill finish molding: $50 shipped
25779651 Drivers side bumper molding: $20 shipped
15897022 Grill fascia: $50 shipped
15885939 Third brake light: $75 shipped
15858805 Rear bumper lower valance $275 shipped
15247733 Rear "SKY" Nameplate: $25 shipped
15884209 Rear Saturn emblem/badge: $20 shipped

25836064 Drivers Headlight: $250 shipped - SOLD
25836065 Passenger Headlight: $250 shipped - SOLD
15258983 Drivers turn/fog light: $250 shipped - SOLD
15258984 Passenger turn/fog light: $250 shipped - SOLD
15885939 Backup lamp: $55 shipped - SOLD
25774951 Drivers side marker: $25 shipped - SOLD
25774950 Passenger side marker: $25 shipped - SOLD
25824369 Drivers door panel (ebony) $175 - SOLD
15918066 Passenger side hood louver $50 shipped -SOLD
15918065 Drivers side hood louver $50 shipped -SOLD

Local Pickup or shipping extra:

19121193 Headliner (ebony): $700

19152957 Convertible top cover: $700 - SOLD
25803441 DS front fender (primed): :$350 - SOLD
25803442 PS front fender (primed): :$350 - SOLD
25824369 Drivers door panel (ebony) $125 - SOLD

Pickup only:

15923830 Trunk lid (primed): Make offer
19120698 REAR bumper cover (unpainted): Make offer

15225634 Hood (primed): Make offer - SOLD

*leaving all sold pieces prices listed for reference for future sellers.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello all! My neighbor is an 85 year-old, long-retired engineer (read: anal & meticulous) who was one of the first on the list to pre-order a Sky in Alabama. I helped him sell it a couple years ago when working the clutch got to be too much for him. But he ordered a storage shed worth of parts when Saturn shuttered for "just in case," and now I've agreed to help him sell them as well. I'm a total noob here at skyroadster, but I'm a longtime car enthusiast and I've been active at other forums (vwvortex, ih8mud, and swedespeed), and know forums are the best place to ensure that enthusiasts end up with these parts. So, if you're concerned, look me up on swedespeed—I've bought/sold an awful lot on there. Here's a few things that I've got, and I'll add more as I'm able to inventory everything else.

All parts are still untouched and in factory boxes (except the hood—the box was too big to fit in my V10 E350). I've done some price research, but feel free to point out if I'm too high…or snag things quick if I'm underpriced. I'm just trying to help him recoup some money spent years ago. I've included factory numbers on all so you can look things up. Happy to provide pics of anything on request.

Willing to ship CONUS:
25836064 Drivers Headlight: $250 shipped
25836065 Passenger Headlight: $250 shipped
15258983 Drivers turn/fog light: $250 shipped
15258984 Passenger turn/fog light: $250 shipped
25854809 Drivers tail light: $190 shipped
25854810 Passenger tail light: $190 shipped
15885939 Backup lamp: $55 shipped
25774951 Drivers side marker: $25 shipped
25774950 Passenger side marker: $25 shipped
15897022 Grill fascia: $50 shipped
15885939 Third brake light: $75 shipped

Local Pickup or shipping extra:
19152957 Convertible top: $700

Pickup only:
15225634 Hood (primed): Make offer
15923830 Trunk lid (primed): Make offer
19177209 Front bumper cover (unpainted): Make offer
Hello,
What would the shipping of the top be to 60503?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like shipping will only be around $25 for FedEx ground. I'm just guessing on the insurance amount for the estimate, so it could go up or down a few bucks…but it should be right around there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added some more parts to the list that I pulled out and confirmed when I grabbed that top for a shipping estimate. I also corrected that he doesn't still have the front bumper cover for some reason, just the rear bumper cover.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found a pair of front fenders and got them added to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like shipping will only be around $25 for FedEx ground. I'm just guessing on the insurance amount for the estimate, so it could go up or down a few bucks…but it should be right around there.
Unfortunately I’m going to have to take a pass. Great deal, just life and other expenses have gotten in the way of working on my Sky.
Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately I’m going to have to take a pass. Great deal, just life and other expenses have gotten in the way of working on my Sky.
Thanks,
Bill
I understand that all to well. No worries. Hopefully someone else will be able to use it. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, all PMs replies to...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I understand that all to well. No worries. Hopefully someone else will be able to use it. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, all PMs replies to...

You have no idea how much I’m going to regret missing this. My wife is scheduled for an Angiogram tomorrow morning and not knowing what the future holds is the prudent decision.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m so sorry to hear. Wishing you, and especially your wife, the best. I definitely am familiar with major medical challenges, and understand the difficulty and uncertainty it brings.

·
Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
Am I correct that the part you are listing as a "Convertible Top" is just the "Convertible Top Cover" ie: the fabric and back window, with no frame, weatherstrip, etc?

The part number indicates that it is just the cover, but there have been complete "Convertible Tops" with frame, weatherstrip, etc available. and it would be bad for someone to be confused.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Am I correct that the part you are listing as a "Convertible Top" is just the "Convertible Top Cover" ie: the fabric and back window, with no frame, weatherstrip, etc?

The part number indicates that it is just the cover, but there have been complete "Convertible Tops" with frame, weatherstrip, etc available. and it would be bad for someone to be confused.
That's an understandably unclear point—thanks for pointing that out. Yes, it is just the cover (I'm assuming by the part number and the size of the box). I'll adjust the original listing to that make note of that point. And for future reference, these parts are ALL new in the factory box, so the part number will be most accurate description.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Buyer on door panel and I agreed to back out because the cost of shipping was way more than expected. I dropped the price of the door panel by $50, but moved it to the local pickup or shipping extra category. I'll eat that $50 difference if someone wants to ship it, but anything above that would need to come from the buyer. And I can provide quotes based on buyer's zip code ahead of time, if that helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Marked a bunch of stuff as SOLD, and added a pic of the backup light, as I’ve learned it’s a rather uncommon version of the part.

·
Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
Marked a bunch of stuff as SOLD, and added a pic of the backup light, as I’ve learned it’s a rather uncommon version of the part.

I'll take the backup light. PM sent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts