Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can fat people stop complaining about how hard it is to get in and out of the sky! It's a euro designed car! where most people arent over weight unlike here in America. I keep coming across threads about it and im tired of reading about it. you know what to do to fix your delima its not the car its you ;)

·
Registered
514 Posts
heh, I heard a new take out restaraunt complaining about his men's room having piss all over the floor. He said what kind of people would miss the bowl so badly all the time.

An experienced person said, "its fat people, they can't see their **** over their huge gut"

LOL, I guess its true.

The Sky is not a typlical American car.

Jermey Clarkson sums up the typical American driving experience here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235493

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
my only real gripe with this topic is the complaining about it after.

This is a small 2 seat roadster. You should have some kind of understanding that it's going to be tight, and limited on space because that's how it's meant to be. If you're a larger person, and you buy this car anyway knowing full well it's a tight fit, i think that eliminates your right to complain about it. Just pipe down, and drive your car like everyone else.

It's along the same lines as an overweight person crying about their weight problem as they shove 3 whoppers down their throat. Kinda like.......hmmm.........and you were surprised?

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I havent read many posts about fat people not being able to get in this whole summer. What maybe a couple :confused: and it was about tall people.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If people don't like the car they can certainly voice their opinions. No need to insult all the "fat" people. (for the record I've spent my life being told I'm too skinny so no I don't have this problem).

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's not just "fat" people -- tall people have a problem with this car as well. And if you don't like it -- stop reading.
How tall is a problem? I'm 6'2", 210 lbs, and I fit in it fine.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
If people don't like the car they can certainly voice their opinions. No need to insult all the "fat" people. (for the record I've spent my life being told I'm too skinny so no I don't have this problem).
i'm not too large for this car either, but i'm not trying to insult those who are overweight or too tall. I'm saying that if they have such a hard time with this particular car, then they might want to consider trading it in for something else. It's not their fault, its just a matter of they knew what they were getting into when they bought the car.

It's along the lines of me touching a hot pan on purpose and then spending all day complaining how much my hand hurts. It gets a little annoying to hear over and over again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If that hot pan was as incredible as the SKY and priced much lower than the competition (like the SKY) I'd have a lot of blisters :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
This thread makes me cringe.

I don't see how we're going to be able to glean anything constructive or maintain civility with where this is going.

Please let this one lie.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting thread. I'm a burly ex-cop and have driven the Sky with no problem. I mean it's not as simple as getting in / out of my truck, but neither was my Triumph TR4A. I suspect what may be happening is this car strikes a chord with so many people they just get it without experience with or understanding of such a specialty vehicle. It's meant to be small, but I sure woulnd't call it unusually small. But it's diff than a regular car for sure. As far as tall people, I can see that as an issue and assume people have test driven or test sat in them?

I'm not fat, I'm ... OK, so I am.

·
Registered
105 Posts
cerberus,

I'm with you. After I wrote my last reply I wondered, "Why did I?"

I see some beating up on people occasonally here and other forums.

Sometimes it's way too easy to hit "send." I'll retract my last posting on this one.

You said it well and made me reflect how easy it is to get into these things.

I respectufully withdraw my last comment - thanks for making us think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
can fat people stop complaining about how hard it is to get in and out of the sky! It's a euro designed car! where most people arent over weight unlike here in America. I keep coming across threads about it and im tired of reading about it. you know what to do to fix your delima its not the car its you ;)
Wow if this was directed at my thread dude - sorry it rubbed you the wrong way.

But I think the main reason big folks are bitching is because we're being told it CAN fit us, I know I was brought back down to earth myself today - but I can still get in it and drive.......I just can't take a deep breath lol, needless to say it's diet time.

I'm not bitchin' - but when I said things were a lil' out the way for me, guys that are 5'9" and 180 have said the same thing about the window switches.

I'm not saying "I'm fat so it's not fair!" - I'm saying "Damn!, I gotta lay off the grub before I get it"

So yeah if this wasn't directed @ me or my thread then I'll shut up and agree that folks twice my size have no business even thinking about this car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow if this was directed at my thread dude - sorry it rubbed you the wrong way.

But I think the main reason big folks are bitching is because we're being told it CAN fit us, I know I was brought back down to earth myself today - but I can still get in it and drive.......I just can't take a deep breath lol, needless to say it's diet time.

I'm not bitchin' - but when I said things were a lil' out the way for me, guys that are 5'9" and 180 have said the same thing about the window switches.

I'm not saying "I'm fat so it's not fair!" - I'm saying "Damn!, I gotta lay off the grub before I get it"

So yeah if this wasn't directed @ me or my thread then I'll shut up and agree that folks twice my size have no business even thinking about this car.
I go to multiple forums for the sky, I dont take names not sure if i even read your thread, but I just came across those type of threads too much. Along with I cant reach the passenger door to unlock it. I just don't get why i come across Threads of people complaing about the tight room in the sky. like i said im 6"1 almost 2 actually 225 and im a body builder who is usally at 240lbs and im comfortable in the car, so it only leads me to believe certain other body types are having this problem..

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
6'1" and 240...no problems. My hair doesn't even touch the roof. I have a friend that's 6'6" or so and he fits with the top up...but his problem is passenger seat legroom with that wall down there on the floor. Another friend of mine is 6' and 300...a little snug but not bad.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
5'10" and 240 -- slip right in. Only complaint is the occasional head knock I get when getting in/out when I forget that the top is on.... But that is stupidity not size. Heck if driving were banned for stupid people -- the roads would be empty and gas would be $.10 a gallon!:jester:

·
Registered
366 Posts
5'10" and 240 -- slip right in. Only complaint is the occasional head knock I get when getting in/out when I forget that the top is on.... But that is stupidity not size. Heck if driving were banned for stupid people -- the roads would be empty and gas would be $.10 a gallon!:jester:
That would be awsome. Some places might still have a fair number of drivers but not northern illinois.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That would be awsome. Some places might still have a fair number of drivers but not northern illinois.
Be a fair amount of SKYs around (Smart drivers...):)

·
Registered
8 Posts
From several test drives and a number of "sittings" in a base Sky at my local dealer, I feel comfortable in the car. I don't consider myself "fat", maybe chubby in a few places, but at 6'3", 260+ on a good day, I don't feel any more cramped than I used to when I was 100 lbs. lighter sitting in my mid 70's Corvettes! Now getting in isn't a problem, but getting out is a little more difficult. I don't attribute this to the interior dimensions,or my weight, just the ground heighth of the seat. I also had to basically crawl out of my Corvette for this same reason!:lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts