Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about placing my order for a Sky RL on Friday... is it still too late? My dealership really 'doesn't know' if i'll get it this year... they say they have 7 Sky's & 7 red line's in front of me for a total of 14..

:confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
ouch! number 7 huh. I am number 4 at one dealership and number 5 at another and I am hoping for end of 06 or early 07. Really depends on the size of your dealership though and how many allocations they get.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They say about 2 per month is what there getting now... The dealership is fairly small (combined with an Acura dealership) & I live in the mid-west. (Missouri)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
When i was at our dealership yesterday... i was told that they have a few RL orders and it is POSSIBLE... not probable that they will come in by end of December....... i wouldnt be shocked if it was October -December...... should be very exciting to see when the first one will be delivered...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard rumors that they will be stepping up production & if they do, people will be receiving there units quicker than expected.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
That will be awesome if they do...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
CrackerJackToy said:
I have heard rumors that they will be stepping up production & if they do, people will be receiving there units quicker than expected.
Stepping up production at this point would be rather small -- They are making Sols, GXP, RedLine and Base SKY on the same line.... 24/7 -- Other than physically moving faster how much can they increase. Now, perhaps as Solstice reaches the end of its model year build it will fall off - but, Wait 2007 Sols are now being sold and built.
Other than opening another line I don't know how much faster they can build these.
Oh and BTW you want the one built the fastest?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Your points are certainly well taken, Rick.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Best thing to do is find another dealer with a lower priority slot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
images for redline

my dealer has not given me any information about redline does any one have information about wether or not they are getting any redline images at this point.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Stepping up production at this point would be rather small -- They are making Sols, GXP, RedLine and Base SKY on the same line.... 24/7 -- Other than physically moving faster how much can they increase. Now, perhaps as Solstice reaches the end of its model year build it will fall off - but, Wait 2007 Sols are now being sold and built.
Other than opening another line I don't know how much faster they can build these.
Oh and BTW you want the one built the fastest?

Anybody think it's possible, if the Sky is selling better than the Solstice, that they'll start producing more Sky's and fewer Solstice's?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:
Anybody think it's possible, if the Sky is selling better than the Solstice, that they'll start producing more Sky's and fewer Solstice's?
Never happen...Skip...:cheers:

·
Registered
323 Posts
You guys are all lucky....my prelim order and deposit was made 6/7 and I am # 20 on the RL list and ~40 above me on the base Sky list. This sounds REALLY bad, but to give it some perspective, Saturn of Southeast Wisconsin (Milwaukee metro area) is actually 4 dealer locations under the same ownership so they order all cars together as one (Sky, Vue, Ion, Aura, etc...).

Even at #20 on the RL list (over 4 locations), my salesguy is optimistic for December for mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts