Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer today to see if they were one of the lucky places to be able to pick up a RL. My salesguy happened to be off so i was chit chatting with another consultant and the :bs: he was telling me was unbelieveable. First he said there is no such thing as orders for red lines, then he said the dealership does not get told they have the option to order a red line. He then said GM builds the cars and stores them at a lot and when u place an order and they have one, they ship it out and thats how the dealer finds out your car is coming. He then said that all the red line orders last week and this week are for floor display only, that no one has a real order.

I understand not everyone can be up to snuff with information. But seriously, if you don't know, don't feed your customers a shovel of :bs:

Thankfully the good people who post on this forum pass along good information so some of us can understand how the process really works. But sometimes it's almost like you know more than your own good, cause some sales reps don't take the time to learn or don't have the chance to learn correct info and just pass along. :bs: :rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Pitcom said:
I called my dealer today to see if they were one of the lucky places to be able to pick up a RL. My salesguy happened to be off so i was chit chatting with another consultant and the :bs: he was telling me was unbelieveable. First he said there is no such thing as orders for red lines, then he said the dealership does not get told they have the option to order a red line. He then said GM builds the cars and stores them at a lot and when u place an order and they have one, they ship it out and thats how the dealer finds out your car is coming. He then said that all the red line orders last week and this week are for floor display only, that no one has a real order.

I understand not everyone can be up to snuff with information. But seriously, if you don't know, don't feed your customers a shovel of :bs:

Thankfully the good people who post on this forum pass along good information so some of us can understand how the process really works. But sometimes it's almost like you know more than your own good, cause some sales reps don't take the time to learn or don't have the chance to learn correct info and just pass along. :bs: :rant:
:agree: :agree:

This is really sad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Pitcom said:
I called my dealer today to see if they were one of the lucky places to be able to pick up a RL. My salesguy happened to be off so i was chit chatting with another consultant and the :bs: he was telling me was unbelieveable. First he said there is no such thing as orders for red lines, then he said the dealership does not get told they have the option to order a red line. He then said GM builds the cars and stores them at a lot and when u place an order and they have one, they ship it out and thats how the dealer finds out your car is coming. He then said that all the red line orders last week and this week are for floor display only, that no one has a real order.

I understand not everyone can be up to snuff with information. But seriously, if you don't know, don't feed your customers a shovel of :bs:

Thankfully the good people who post on this forum pass along good information so some of us can understand how the process really works. But sometimes it's almost like you know more than your own good, cause some sales reps don't take the time to learn or don't have the chance to learn correct info and just pass along. :bs: :rant:
:agree: :agree: :agree:

There really is no reason for the salesperson to be saying this, unless that is the :bs: his GM hands him. Either way it just makes look an @-hole to someone that knows better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
I hope you told him to save this crap for some new schmuck, cause you know better...:lol:
 

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
agirltrucker said:
I hope you told him to save this crap for some new schmuck, cause you know better...:lol:
I just said thanks, have a nice day. I really don't wanna P off my dealer ya know. I've had my deposit for the rl in for 2 months now, would hate to have to start all over again somewhere else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
That's really funny, I would have told him politly that he needs to know what he is talking about.

Maybe his sales manager just fed him some BS to get him off his back one day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Pitcom said:
I just said thanks, have a nice day. I really don't wanna P off my dealer ya know. I've had my deposit for the rl in for 2 months now, would hate to have to start all over again somewhere else.
I know exactly what you're talkin' about. I put down my deposit at a dealership in So. Cali... All dealers in my area are installing the $3000 security system... Robotech mentioned that Riverside would be good to look into. Thanks man!!! So I did...the salesrep I spoke with at Riverside said that they indeed were NOT installing that system. However, they aren't even taking deposits for the Redline yet. He also was under the impression as late as last week that NO Redlines were being imaged yet....that was the word from his GM. I still put myself on his list...I'd like to save the $3000 and put it into other goodies. But I want my car sooner rather than later, so I will take what I can get. It's pretty frustrating to not get the same info from dealer to dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Pitcom said:
I just said thanks, have a nice day. I really don't wanna P off my dealer ya know. I've had my deposit for the rl in for 2 months now, would hate to have to start all over again somewhere else.
Yea, I know what ya mean baby. Every day your getting one day closer. Good luck....:thumbs:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,489 Posts
akinmb said:
I know exactly what you're talkin' about. I put down my deposit at a dealership in So. Cali... All dealers in my area are installing the $3000 security system... Robotech mentioned that Riverside would be good to look into. Thanks man!!! So I did...the salesrep I spoke with at Riverside said that they indeed were NOT installing that system. However, they aren't even taking deposits for the Redline yet. He also was under the impression as late as last week that NO Redlines were being imaged yet....that was the word from his GM. I still put myself on his list...I'd like to save the $3000 and put it into other goodies. But I want my car sooner rather than later, so I will take what I can get. It's pretty frustrating to not get the same info from dealer to dealer.
Oh man, please tell me you talked to Misty over there...she's the salesperson I was dealing with and was really on top of everything. I had to explain why I was wondering about my vin and what not when I had my car on order over there originally but she was very helpful when I explained the why. :)

EDIT: I decided to call Misty and see what the status was on ordering. She said dealers are not yet allowed to place Redline orders. Some dealers are taking deposits but Riverside doesn't want to take deposits until they can place orders so right now they are just putting people on a list. Basically it's a list to place an order and put your deposit down. She said currently there are 10-13 people on that list. I'd jump on that list anyway because you never know who may drop off between now and when they can order them. Remember, her name is Misty. (I feel bad about going and getting the car somewhere else since she gave me such great service only because another dealership had one ready to sell and I needed a car...:( So I'm trying to swing my karma back on the positive side, you know?)

But regardless, I'm glad you are getting one from them...they have the best service of any dealership I've dealt with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
This is rant about salesman

This morning I decided to stop by the dealership to see my sales guy. This is the forth trip in two months. I really don't want to bug anyone and I do understand the restraints from GM on the Sky. i walked in and found out that once again my sales guy was not there. This time he was on vacation. That's cool. So I sat with another salesguy and asked if he knew anything about my order place on 6/03. He laughed and said that I will probably have an 8 to 10 month wait. I told him I was number 30 on the list in his dealership and they had an allotment of 36 Skys this year. He looked at me and said well I was still looking at least to next Spring! What an A**hole. Once again he laughed and said that my salesmam was just being too optimistic. I can't tell you how much this guy bugged me. It was as though he was enjoying telling me this stuff. What an idiot! As I was leaving the other sales guy says they are producing 30 Sky's a day. I guess that would make sense why we all have to wait for so long. Meanwhile I have read so many threads on this site of some people getting delivery in an average of 95 days. That would put me in the time frame that was originally discussed with my salesman. It made sense.
To make matters worst I've only seen two on the road since I placed my order. This morning on the way there I saw a blonde driving the exact car I ordered:banghead: I have never been so obsessed by a car in my life. This forum doesn't help but it's sure more informative than anything the dealerships can tell you. Thank you all for reading my:willy: rant. I guess this will make me feel better but I'm not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Ernest said:
Skip the salesperson, go to the General Manager, accept nothing less!!!!!!!!
Even though I think they're full of it. I will do it tomorrow and let you know what he says. Thanks Ernest!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Maybe you should ask about babys and where they come from, we all know they are found in cabbage patches so don't be fooled:lol:
Imaged 23/06/06
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
Graysky said:
Even though I think they're full of it. I will do it tomorrow and let you know what he says. Thanks Ernest!
And if he can't or won't help you, ask who owns the group your delear is in, normally one person owns several, and go see him.

I always take a problem to the next level until I get the desired results. And that means taken it to the head honcho if that what it takes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Ernest said:
And if he can't or won't help you, ask who owns the group your delear is in, normally one person owns several, and go see him.

I always take a problem to the next level until I get the desired results. And that means taken it to the head honcho if that what it takes.
Thanks for all the support from this site. You guys are wonderful people. Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone here could meet when we all have our Skys. That would be an amazing party!!!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
Skip the salesperson, go to the General Manager, accept nothing less!!!!!!!!
Ernest did ya call? Yall said Skip so my head went up and my ears opened...Did yall call me? Skip....:lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
Ernest said:
Skip the salesperson, go to the General Manager, accept nothing less!!!!!!!!
:agree: :agree: :agree:

I realized after talking to the first sales person and I knew more than they did that I was done. I by passed the individual on my way over and into the General Manager's office. I still knew more than anyone in the dealership but they understood that and worked with me. In the end I got my Little Missy just the way I wanted her. :thumbs:
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Remember two important things.

First there are lots of really good sales people at the Saturn dealerships. That's why they have good customer service. :cheers:

Second not everything posted on this site by every user is correct either. There are people you can trust more than others. But everyone makes mistakes.

I myself am here to learn. And I have had to eat my words a couple of times. :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top