Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend who put me on to the Sky took delivery of his Solstice this week. I got a test ride and can't wait to get my Sky now. It's a really sweet car. Rides well. Given that the Sky and the Solstice are so similar I expect nothing less in my Sky. However, I do have to say that coming from an Explorer, I'm definately motivated to stay on the treadmill as the seating area is much smaller than the SUV I've been driving for the list nine years. None the less, I can't wait for the Sky. My dealer called today and told me that he was signing myself and the others on the waiting list up with Saturn corporate as early buyers. On the rumor front, I heard that because the Solstice production (15,000 units) is so far behind schedule, the Sky may not be available until late Spring, early Summer 2006. This kind of blows the first quarter I was originally told. But after this test ride, it will be well worth the wait.

Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
What a downer!

Delnari said:
If these rumors hold true, I'm expecting to see first run deliveries on the East Coast in June of 2006. :-(
More negative news. :banghead:

Let's hope someone with authority is reading these posts and realizing they have a market that could be lost if they miss too many 'deadlines'. I would hate for the countdown calendar to end up on the best seller, Fiction, list next year.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
I saw a Solstice live and in person last night for the first time. WOW! It's going to kill me to wait for the Sky now. BTW I looked at the trunk space and I'd say you probably fit a couple of soft sided overnight bags in the trunk with the roof down.

NICE CAR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Delnari said:
If these rumors hold true, I'm expecting to see first run deliveries on the East Coast in June of 2006. :-(
I could live with that :cheers: ... I am already prepared to wait, due to the Bluestone coming out last.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
554 Posts
rick112 said:
I saw a Solstice live and in person last night for the first time. WOW! It's going to kill me to wait for the Sky now. BTW I looked at the trunk space and I'd say you probably fit a couple of soft sided overnight bags in the trunk with the roof down.

NICE CAR
You think your in pain! I had a brand Solstice for all of 20 minutes before I had to give it up to the cause (see posts about SEMA 2005). Now it looks like I will have to wait until next summer to enjoy a new Sky. :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Delnari said:
You think your in pain! I had a brand Solstice for all of 20 minutes before I had to give it up to the cause (see posts about SEMA 2005). Now it looks like I will have to wait until next summer to enjoy a new Sky. :brentil:
But you will get to drive the Mallett Solstice when it gets done, how bad could that be :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I took my Solstice to my Saturn dealer and let the sales staff drive it around
their lot last week.
I am first on their list and thought they would like to see what they could expect the cars to be like.
I plan to let them show it to potential Sky buyers to give them a sense of fit and performance.
The Sky will be for my wife since she gave me the Solstice for my birthday.
Of course, the car has a 5-speed and she could not order the car with an
automatic and be one of the 1st 1k.

She needs an automatic and wanted the On-Star which was also not available
to us, so now she will be suffering the same wait I went through.
Funny that once this Solstice got here, she began with the "how long before my car will be here?''
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top