Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my order in today for the regular Sky. I thought long and hard about whether the regular Sky or the Red Line was the right choice for me. I decided on the regular Sky.

Why? Well, it came down to one central factor: was it worth an extra $3,000 or so to go a little faster. I decided that for me it really wasn't.

I'm buying the Sky because I want a cool looking roadster. I'm not looking for a high performance machine... nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I'm looking for.

The Red Line, I'm sure, will be an awesome performer that will make a lot of people very happy, but for me, as long as I can cruise the back roads and interstates with the top down and the stereo cranked, I'm going to be happy!

I'm looking forward to feeling the pleasure all you guys are feeling as you drive around in your Sky's.

By the way, I really like being part of this forum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Congrats!
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Congrats on your order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
In my opinion -- Worth every second of waiting...:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Either way good choice!! Welcome!:cheers: :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
Welcome aboard.
Color: Black - Silver (etc)
Tranny: auto - manual
Model: Base or Redline
It's all good here.
You're among friends now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Welcome

Dktrwu2 said:
Put my order in today for the regular Sky. I thought long and hard about whether the regular Sky or the Red Line was the right choice for me. I decided on the regular Sky.

Why? Well, it came down to one central factor: was it worth an extra $3,000 or so to go a little faster. I decided that for me it really wasn't.

I'm buying the Sky because I want a cool looking roadster. I'm not looking for a high performance machine... nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I'm looking for.

The Red Line, I'm sure, will be an awesome performer that will make a lot of people very happy, but for me, as long as I can cruise the back roads and interstates with the top down and the stereo cranked, I'm going to be happy!

I'm looking forward to feeling the pleasure all you guys are feeling as you drive around in your Sky's.

By the way, I really like being part of this forum!
You said it better than I could have. I don't need the muscle of 260 horses. My basic Sky is just perfect for me just the way it is. You will enjoy your basic Sky just as much as those ordering the RL but for your reasons and they for their reasons.

Welcome to the Sky family.

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Since you are a member you've no doubt made an informed decision and are going with a good dealer. That is half the battle. Now you need to cultivate open communication and mutual appreciation with the dealership staff as they hold the key to a lot of what can drive you insane waiting. Without suffocating them, make contact regularly and get aquainted with everyone from your sales contact to the sales manager to the GM/owner. Hopefully you found a local dealer and will build a relationship to last for years forward. Enjoy the process and don't forget to remember the wait will be worth it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Congrats!!!!

SkyHope said:
Since you are a member you've no doubt made an informed decision and are going with a good dealer. That is half the battle. Now you need to cultivate open communication and mutual appreciation with the dealership staff as they hold the key to a lot of what can drive you insane waiting. Without suffocating them, make contact regularly and get aquainted with everyone from your sales contact to the sales manager to the GM/owner. Hopefully you found a local dealer and will build a relationship to last for years forward. Enjoy the process and don't forget to remember the wait will be worth it!
:agree: :agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Welcome to the waiting game. The forum is a great place to prevent you from going :willy:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
moni6 said:
Welcome to the waiting game. The forum is a great place to prevent you from going :willy:
What happens if you were already :willy: before you joined the forum?

Oh, duh! I just have to look in a mirror.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
If you're already :willy: before you join the forum then it prevents you from going :brentil: or :crazy: or :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,011 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:
Put my order in today for the regular Sky. I thought long and hard about whether the regular Sky or the Red Line was the right choice for me. I decided on the regular Sky.

Why? Well, it came down to one central factor: was it worth an extra $3,000 or so to go a little faster. I decided that for me it really wasn't.

I'm buying the Sky because I want a cool looking roadster. I'm not looking for a high performance machine... nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I'm looking for.

The Red Line, I'm sure, will be an awesome performer that will make a lot of people very happy, but for me, as long as I can cruise the back roads and interstates with the top down and the stereo cranked, I'm going to be happy!

I'm looking forward to feeling the pleasure all you guys are feeling as you drive around in your Sky's.

By the way, I really like being part of this forum!
Lots of people feel the way you do. I doubt that my Sky will ever go over 70MPH. (OK maybe 75) And I don't care how many seconds it takes to get from O to 60. The standard Sky is plenty fast for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
:agree: Yep, slow down and let em all drool. :drool: :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Welcome to the waiting room. Occassionally one of our inmates becomes overwhelmed with joy and isn't heard of for several days. That seems to coincide with the arrival of their SKY. For us who wait teh endless hours until that day arrives we simply ask for moral support and in some cases simple pity...Nice to have you aboard :cheers:

Imaged 23/06/06
...and waiting...
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Just get all the information UP FRONT... lolol... all the craziness you will go through... get it done with.. and then ENJOY your baby...... i thought i would never make it through... but... i did and 7200+ SMILES later..... i love it...EVERY MINUTE OF IT....SkyBaby-07
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Dktrwu2 said:
Put my order in today for the regular Sky. I thought long and hard about whether the regular Sky or the Red Line was the right choice for me. I decided on the regular Sky.

Why? Well, it came down to one central factor: was it worth an extra $3,000 or so to go a little faster. I decided that for me it really wasn't.

I'm buying the Sky because I want a cool looking roadster. I'm not looking for a high performance machine... nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I'm looking for.

The Red Line, I'm sure, will be an awesome performer that will make a lot of people very happy, but for me, as long as I can cruise the back roads and interstates with the top down and the stereo cranked, I'm going to be happy!

I'm looking forward to feeling the pleasure all you guys are feeling as you drive around in your Sky's.

By the way, I really like being part of this forum!
Congratulations! If you have to wait for something you want very badly this is the place to hang out! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Congratulations on the order and welcome to the forum! If you ever have any questions just ask, or you can do a forum search at the top of the page and find answers even faster in most cases. There is a ton of information here, and a lot of good people :)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top