Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SKY will be my first convertible & I have NO CLUE what can be damaged if the inside EVER gets wet... & I'm not talking carpet, more like electronics, etc. Can someone give me some light? Has GM added any water resistant seals to help protect parts of the car's interior if it gets caught with it's top down in rain like all my motorcycle have? If I'm riding along must I pull over immediately to put the top up just for a light drizzle??

#2 at dealer
Yellow, Premium, Spoiler, LSD, Kappa Shield
BMW R1100RT (motorcycle)
Triumph Tiger
1956 Harley Panhead
2 Honda CRF dirtbikes
2000 Yellow Xterra
2000 S-10 Truck

·
Registered
155 Posts
Better yet what about driving through a dust storm. I live in the desert and there's still a lot of empty fields out here. (Palmdale, CA) so when the wind kicks up, I guess I can have a brown interior over my black/black leather :banghead:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oh yeh, that makes me wonder, what about :

1. Bugs. In the summer they hit the windshield of all our cars, but i'm assuming in the Sky they will be all over including the interior.... YUCK!

2. Birds. Not just under a tree but flying around how gross would that be. BTW does anyone know how easy it is to clean the top?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
My general experiance with bugs is they hit the windshield, and if per chance they don't desinagrate on impact, the remains usually pass over the back of the car.:lol: :lol: You can tell a happy roadster driver by the number of bugs on his teeth:D :lol:

ERNEST/Veteran Roadster Driver/TR3A/:thumbs:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaning Ragtop[

skyguy85 said:

1. Bugs. In the summer they hit the windshield of all our cars, but i'm assuming in the Sky they will be all over including the interior.... YUCK!

2. Birds. Not just under a tree but flying around how gross would that be. BTW does anyone know how easy it is to clean the top?
Ragtop Cleaning Tips (Previously posted): www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-cabrio.html

This basically says KEEP IT CLEAN!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I've left my NX in the rain a couple of times and no problems. Of course I have to turn on the rear window defroster to get the rear windshield wiper to come on now.

I've driven my NX at highway speed and a light rain just passes over the car and I didn't get wet. I guess you have two solutions. One put up the roof and two install a tonneau cover.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
My general experiance with bugs is they hit the windshield, and if per chance they don't desinagrate on impact, the remains usually pass over the back of the car.:lol: :lol: You can tell a happy roadster driver by the number of bugs on his teeth:D :lol:

ERNEST/Veteran Roadster Driver/TR3A/:thumbs:
Hey it's called meal on wheels. It's all protein, besides a wing makes a great toothpick. Yum, yum. Skip...:thumbs: :cool:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
reedred said:
Sorry- What's an NX?
1992 Nissan NX 2000. It was a 2L Tee top. I loved driving her.

·
Registered
411 Posts
skyguy85 said:

HAHA,... I totally thought you meant that makes me wonder about Bugs hitting the car and also Birds hitting the car..... They DON'T Dissinigrate....you'll feel them... :lol::lol:

Then I thought about it,... and yur talkin about Bird P:crazy::crazy:p

:eek:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Slade said:
HAHA,... I totally thought you meant that makes me wonder about Bugs hitting the car and also Birds hitting the car..... They DON'T Dissinigrate....you'll feel them... :lol::lol:

Then I thought about it,... and yur talkin about Bird P:crazy::crazy:p

:eek:

That is interesting...... picture this...... 5 "young" (i can dream.. it was a yr ago...) ladies.. on their crotchrockets heading north for a weekend at a cabin by the lake...... we rode through SWARMS.... of icky.... yucky.... gooey... bugs... we actually had to stop in Wausau, Wisconsin at a rest area ..... and.. WASH FACES... HANDS.... ARMS.... legs... some of us who were wearing skirts... and... ACTUALLY.. ONE OF US HAD TO WASH HER HAIR...... EWWWWWWW... i will take my chances in my Sky.. i like the odds better ... dont get me wrong... LOVE MY BIKE... but,,,, i love being on the back of Brians Vulcan better.. and i will ABSOLUTELY LOVE ZIPPING AROUND TOWN AND BEYOND IN MY SKY.... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
UMMMMM haven't had any bugs for a long time, HMMMM haven't rode a bike for a long time. :drool: :drool: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts