Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..Is this possible? :lol:

Do you think its okay (regarding interior, etc.) to leave the top down on my Sky for an extended period when the weather has a great run for 7-8 days?

I live in forever humid south Louisiana. FYI..at night, the car is parked under a covered "carport" that is open on three sides....usually with the top down overnight when the weather is not threatening.

Any downside (other than usual wear) on keeping the top down so much?
After all...it IS a convertible !! :D

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I certainly hope so, mine has been down all summer here in Texas. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
How's the neighborhood cats situation?
If you don't mind a little cat fur, and they don't spray...
Local cats used to claim my TR6 for a home. They loved the footwells.
Wasn't a problem till they started marking their territory.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
How's the neighborhood cats situation?
If you don't mind a little cat fur, and they don't spray...
Local cats used to claim my TR6 for a home. They loved the footwells.
Wasn't a problem till they started marking their territory.
I had a cat issue back when I first brought Missy home. The cat went to sleep right in the center of the top for a couple of nights. Animal control took care of that issue for me, so now all is well.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I had a cat issue back when I first brought Missy home. The cat went to sleep right in the center of the top for a couple of nights. Animal control took care of that issue for me, so now all is well.
Not a cat lover, huh? :D

I had the same thing with a cat sleeping on the top at night...solved that problem by moving and getting a garage.

At our old house, I had an old Dodge Caravan with a broken front window. Woke up one morning to see 7 newborn kittens inside.:eek:

I do keep my top down most of the time here in SE Texas...'cept when it rains.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
..Is this possible? :lol:

Do you think its okay (regarding interior, etc.) to leave the top down on my Sky for an extended period when the weather has a great run for 7-8 days?

I live in forever humid south Louisiana. FYI..at night, the car is parked under a covered "carport" that is open on three sides....usually with the top down overnight when the weather is not threatening.

Any downside (other than usual wear) on keeping the top down so much?
After all...it IS a convertible !! :D
Treat the leather with LEXOL Leather Treatment once a week and you will be just fine.:thumbs:

·
Registered
326 Posts
After 5 months my top is showing a few "stretch" areas where the cloth pulls tight over the edge of the support structures when in the "down" position. So...I make sure I store it with the top up to keep from stretching those areas even more.

I baby my top. Vaccum all the dust out of the fibers after every day's ride. Water beads in LARGE puddles from the 2 treatments of Raggtop protectant and I never let soap touch it when washing the car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I use 303 Aerospace protectant on EVERYTHING (leather/plastic/metal) inside the car. Proven it works for UV and looks much better then Armorall type items.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts