Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed an annoying squeek developed in the trunk area with the top down on rough roads. I discovered the source as the alignment pins in the front top piece that engages into the windshield frame were rubbing on the top of steel brackets welded to the folding side frames. The brackets are "L" shaped and looks like the pins are supposed to slide down into them. However, they were sitting on top, causing a metal to metal rub. There is a piece of felt where the pins are supposed to ride. I have to push the top down and back to get it to engage properly.

Amazingly, the trunk now closes easier with the top pins down where they are supposed to be!

Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Fortunitly I have not had that problem -- Unfortunately that's because I'm waiting for my car..
But thanks for this information. We too are learning about a brand new car and little annoying things that are solvable are VERY welcome in my world....

We nee to make a checklist to take to the dealer for us who are yet to pick up the car...
Hmmm... Sounds like a challenge..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sky Hi said:
Noticed an annoying squeek developed in the trunk area with the top down on rough roads. I discovered the source as the alignment pins in the front top piece that engages into the windshield frame were rubbing on the top of steel brackets welded to the folding side frames. The brackets are "L" shaped and looks like the pins are supposed to slide down into them. However, they were sitting on top, causing a metal to metal rub. There is a piece of felt where the pins are supposed to ride. I have to push the top down and back to get it to engage properly.

Amazingly, the trunk now closes easier with the top pins down where they are supposed to be!

I have heard no squeeks, only thing i have heard is a rattle when the seat belt buckle is not returned all the way to the bottom of the belt after use, it hits on the side panel ...
sounds like Yours really isn't a problem as long as you make sure the top folds back into the proper place... maybe after it is operated more it will be easier to slide into position.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Fortunitly I have not had that problem -- Unfortunately that's because I'm waiting for my car..
But thanks for this information. We too are learning about a brand new car and little annoying things that are solvable are VERY welcome in my world....

We nee to make a checklist to take to the dealer for us who are yet to pick up the car...
Hmmm... Sounds like a challenge..
:agree: Perhaps we can get the moderators to set up a new topic called issues and fixes or something where we can post problems and fixes to them?:confused:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
:agree: Yep...GREAT IDEA!! We need to get the ball rolling on this so that we can all be well-informed and know which questions to ask when we go into the dealerships to pick up our cars. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
:agree: Yep...GREAT IDEA!! We need to get the ball rolling on this so that we can all be well-informed and know which questions to ask when we go into the dealerships to pick up our cars. :thumbs:

I like teh idea of printing a list of known problems and handing that to the dealer --- Ah I don't even want to think about this stuff guys -- you are forewarned...:thumbs:
Then have a checklist of things for us to look at - listen to and touch as well...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I like teh idea of printing a list of known problems and handing that to the dealer --- Ah I don't even want to think about this stuff guys -- you are forewarned...:thumbs:
Then have a checklist of things for us to look at - listen to and touch as well...
Agreed! You should have see the "STINK-EYE" I got from the service manager when I mentioned that they should be careful putting my "Baby" on the lift..like "Who da frick are you?","Who da frick is this guy, I know my job?". I can still see those piercing little daggers.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sky Hi said:

I did hear squeeks today! I will check it out later! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went for a drive last night. With the top pins pushed down and back - Sqeeks are gone. I put a dab of grease on them also.

·
Registered
122 Posts
eldeeko said:
Agreed! You should have see the "STINK-EYE" I got from the service manager when I mentioned that they should be careful putting my "Baby" on the lift..like "Who da frick are you?","Who da frick is this guy, I know my job?". I can still see those piercing little daggers.
thats pretty much a standard reaction when you tell any guy how to do his job (especially police offers.....trust me, don't do it:nono: )

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Just started squeaking (sounds like it's coming from behind my left ear when the top's down only)-will tell the dealer about it today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts