Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, or anyone, sorry we’re late to this party, but glad to see that some old diehards are still here.
Just bought our first Sky for my wife’s retirement…. Its mine too of course.
Anyway, we’re going to need a new top soon. I realize they’re hard to come by, so hoping to find a second hand one from a salvage, or find and buy the whole salvage. I’m aware that is what many of you want, so I don’t expect many, if any gold nuggets.
Ours does not leak, is not torn, just starting to fray at the seams, we may even be able to just add a stitch.

A hard top would of course be awesome, but I suspect they’re hard to find and ridiculously priced.
We’re in Central Texas….

Thank you in advance, Scott

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
If your current top fits well, leaks not, and operationally behaves well, my advice is to "milk it" as long as possible. Add those few stitches you mentioned and count your blessings.

Replacement tops are extremely finicky. I advise to replace your top ONLY to address a serious problem. This because you will tweak, and tweak, and tweak (and tweak) the replacement top and also both the right and left door glass to get it right. Most people give up tweaking too quickly and live with a compromise that is worse than they had with their original good fitting top.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hello everyone, or anyone, sorry we’re late to this party, but glad to see that some old diehards are still here.
Just bought our first Sky for my wife’s retirement…. Its mine too of course.
Anyway, we’re going to need a new top soon. I realize they’re hard to come by, so hoping to find a second hand one from a salvage, or find and buy the whole salvage. I’m aware that is what many of you want, so I don’t expect many, if any gold nuggets.
Ours does not leak, is not torn, just starting to fray at the seams, we may even be able to just add a stitch.

A hard top would of course be awesome, but I suspect they’re hard to find and ridiculously priced.
We’re in Central Texas….

Thank you in advance, Scott
Here use this link to find a salvage one close by.

I'm located in Austin so I used my zip code for the search. I wanted to replace my top about 2 years ago now and did exactly what I'm posting here. I ended up finding one in Houston and the DFW area through LKQ and had them ship it their location in New Braunfels. The first one from Houston was damaged in shipping and ended up getting the one from DFW which was from a 30K mile Solstice in really great condition. I believe I spent just under $800 for a complete assembly. Swapping out the top is about 10 nuts and bolts accessed from the trunk area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts