Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side rear top locate pin will not stay in place when i snap down the Buttress. This is the pin thats at the front edge at the bottom side of the top. The top lifts up and creates a gap there when the buttress is snapped down. Anybody notice this issue with their Sky ?

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Are you latching the top to the windshield frame before you try to lock the buttresses down ?

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
I am assuming that you are talking about the pin that fits into the socket in the body, right behind the door. The base of the "B" pillar.

I just looked at mine, and with the top latched to the windshield frame, there is a pretty solid frame around the window opening, and that pin will not lift. I pulled up on it reasonably hard.

Something is broken. Take it in for a look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am assuming that you are talking about the pin that fits into the socket in the body, right behind the door. The base of the "B" pillar.

I just looked at mine, and with the top latched to the windshield frame, there is a pretty solid frame around the window opening, and that pin will not lift. I pulled up on it reasonably hard.

Something is broken. Take it in for a look.
Yes that is the pin i am talking about, the other side fits tight like you discribe

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Skip posted this in your other thread about this problem:

Skip : Take the Sky to the dealership. Your ball and socket has popped on that side. The fix is in a tech bullitan and doesn't take long to fix. If you want to concur, lay the top back a bit and see if the top buckleing part is moveable sideways .You should be able to see it popped out of position..Iffen I remember the fix is a metal ball and not a plastic one....Search on forum for ball and socket on the top and you will see....Skip...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Oh so you threaded twice. Since when I read all threads from oldest to newest I guess , what the hey..Skip..just do what I said and it will be fixed....:lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information, yep i posted twice not know which posts would get read more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts