Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Really interested in the sky and although I have been reading the forum for awhile, this is my first post. So just wanted to ask a question.
I believe I saw somewhere that the trunk lid cannot be opened easily with the convertible top up. Is this true?

I've heard you have to unpin the top and then open up the trunk.
You guys know if this is correct, incorrect or fixable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
nathanep said:
Hi all!

Really interested in the sky and although I have been reading the forum for awhile, this is my first post. So just wanted to ask a question.
I believe I saw somewhere that the trunk lid cannot be opened easily with the convertible top up. Is this true?

I've heard you have to unpin the top and then open up the trunk.
You guys know if this is correct, incorrect or fixable?

Thanks!
I haven;t heard about any real problem with it other you need to make sure the Wings are in the fully up position so you don't bump the pins on the trunk lid when lifting it up or closing it, they automatically come up when you pop the trunk lid.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Getting in the trunk is no big deal. Hit the decklid release button (either on key fob or in the glove box). The Artsy-Fartsy-Butress-Top-Supports (AFBTS) pop up and the decklid opens a crack.

Then, just get out, get in trunk. When you close the trunk, like SkyMan says, make sure the AFBTS are all the way retracted, close the decklid, then push down the AFBTS until they latch. Sounds way worse than it is.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:agree:
After seeing the video I agree with Kappaman....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I've actually opened and closed the trunk on the Solstice. The only problem I had was that you have to give it a bit of a slam when you are closing it. Thats the only problem. Someone I know was at a dealership and pushed down on the trunk lid to try to close it and made a dent in the lid.

There is video floating around here. If you watch you will see that they push it closed from about half way open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts