Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,.. i have never owned a convertible before except for my tracker... LOVE IT BY THE WAY.... anyway... what do you use to keep it clean and supple? besides parking her in the garage when not in use? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but, them tops are spendy.... SkyBaby-07

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I don't think that's a dumb question! I'd like to know as well. I would assume storing it out of the sun would help prolong its life as well.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Thank you very much... i did try to look for that, but must have not looked through every one.... again, THANK YOU.. SkyBaby-07
You're welcome. I just did a search for Top Care, recalling that I had seen it a couple months ago.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is probably my problem.. being from the middle of nowhere in IOWA.. originally.. we have different words for things... i used the word LID... ty again.. SkyBaby-07

I know i sound like a hick.. but i am an edgeumaketed one....

·
Registered
389 Posts
SkyBaby said:
that is probably my problem.. being from the middle of nowhere in IOWA.. originally.. we have different words for things... i used the word LID... ty again.. SkyBaby-07

I know i sound like a hick.. but i am an edgeumaketed one....
I am edgeumaketed too and I try my best not to sound like an averge Arkansan. But I still find myself saying things like "fixin' to" for "going to". :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you... that makes me feel better....... .. THERE ARE OTHER LIKE ME... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
GRinLR said:
I am edgeumaketed too and I try my best not to sound like an averge Arkansan. But I still find myself saying things like "fixin' to" for "going to". :lol:
Talk southern so I can understand please....:lol: Skip...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh, ah can-uhn speak Suth-urn with the bayest of they-um for shore. :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Skip said:
Talk southern so I can understand please....:lol: Skip...
I speak Southern Ontarian if it helps.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Southern is southern speak. Skip....

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
Just FYI-I found out that the replacement top is going to be about $1400. They also recommend not locking your doors, so if anyone sees something in it, they would just open the door, and not rip open your top-(friends in law enforcement). Just a handy tip-here are some top up pics-gotta go drivin'- my Sky is calling!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
NCBlue said:
Just FYI-I found out that the replacement top is going to be about $1400. They also recommend not locking your doors, so if anyone sees something in it, they would just open the door, and not rip open your top-(friends in law enforcement). Just a handy tip-here are some top up pics-gotta go drivin'- my Sky is calling!
I often wondered about leaving the doors unlocked as that the first thing they ask when the things are missing. I guess with the engine disabler, at least the car would still be there and if not onstar.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok.. I SPEAK.. HICK..... does that count?... and... with my tracker... i NEVER lock the doors, i definitly would rather they just open and grab.. then cut top and grab.... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyBaby said:
ok.. I SPEAK.. HICK..... does that count?... and... with my tracker... i NEVER lock the doors, i definitly would rather they just open and grab.. then cut top and grab.... SkyBaby-07
Ok we will let you pass if you speak hick. Close nugh ta southern. And I kinda sweet on pink riten. So ok ya be ok . Skip...:cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Skip said:
Ok we will let you pass if you speak hick. Close nugh ta southern. And I kinda sweet on pink riten. So ok ya be ok . Skip...:cool:

PHEW..:eek: ... ty.. i was worried about that one thar..... ok... i guess i do FIT IN.:D . SOMEWHERE... YEAH.:thumbs: ...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
326 Posts
nighttripper said:
I often wondered about leaving the doors unlocked as that the first thing they ask when the things are missing. I guess with the engine disabler, at least the car would still be there and if not onstar.
My sister has a Jeep Wrangler and NEVER locks doors because ALL windows are plastic. Knife slice and you are in. (She does lock her firearm up in the glove box when leaving her vehicle though) Anyway, the SKY has glass rollup windows, glass rear window, so to me it would be a big no-no to leave it unlocked. But....what about all the times I leave the top down to run into the store/gym etc....what is the difference? Hmmm?:confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sunny Ragtop said:
My sister has a Jeep Wrangler and NEVER locks doors because ALL windows are plastic. Knife slice and you are in. (She does lock her firearm up in the glove box when leaving her vehicle though) Anyway, the SKY has glass rollup windows, glass rear window, so to me it would be a big no-no to leave it unlocked. But....what about all the times I leave the top down to run into the store/gym etc....what is the difference? Hmmm?:confused:

I know i wont ever lock my doors... the only thing i carry is a LOCKED UP FIREARM... and that will be in the trunk..... that is of real value... if they want it that bad.... either the gun or car.... geez.. they can take it.. That is what insurance if for..... No reason to let them RUIN it... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 29 Posts