Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to put up my top today and it stopped a few inches from close. It appears something has happened that causes the grey flap not to come up along with the top. So the top stops as it hits the grey flap.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm hoping something just came loose and can be placed back.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
JVB: The flaps in the tulip panel where the top supports go when the top is up.

There are cables attached to each flap which pull them open when the top is pulled up. They probably have come loose, and need to be reattached.

There are little plastic fittings that attach the cables and these may be broken or missing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I confirmed what you said. It looks like part of the cable has come off of the clip that holds it. I placed it back on and it works but it pops back off when the top goes all the way up. It doesn't look broken compared to the opposite side. Should I glue it back on there?

I couldn't find the thread in the solstice forum. Can anyone link me or do you remember if that clip was the part they replaced?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
JVB: The flaps in the tulip panel where the top supports go when the top is up.

There are cables attached to each flap which pull them open when the top is pulled up. They probably have come loose, and need to be reattached.

There are little plastic fittings that attach the cables and these may be broken or missing.
Yeah, I get it now. From my tulip pannel replacement photos:

Jim :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Clip part# 15290793
Both sides same part in red. One just goes in upside down.
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have the opposite problem. My top won't open. :D

I have to replace a hinge. :banghead:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like my problem is different from those other posts. Its kind of disheartening to find out there are so many other parts that tend to break too. I don't see my part in the diagram. I'll compare it to the car tonight to see if maybe its a part that can be replaced.

If not I will probably try a zip tie or something to hold mine in place before I resort to glue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Glue will not work,
Go to the dealer and order the part I give you.
I have them in my glove box and the parts for the back lid also.
They are eazy to brake. And eazy to replace.
Your pick with the parts is not the page you need and on the right one it is part # 14.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
1,157 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
NICE! :D :thumbs:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have not had a chance to swing by a Chevy dealership and order the part. I actually think its the part that connects to part #14 but I will see what the dealer says.

However I have found that a zip tie will indeed restore full functionality so I will wait until next it is convenient to visit the dealership. Here is how I placed the zip tie in case anyone finds themselves in the same situation.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Thanks for posting the picks.
The best to your SKY. I have PNT out the pic so I can take it to My Redline and compair
it.
In a fer hrs. leaving for Mod 8.
LLLFLY

1 - 20 of 30 Posts