Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went looking for a thread on this and didn't find one:

Anyone doing topside oil changes with a oil vacuum? Does the dipstick location let one get into the bottom of the oil pan? With the filter on top it doesn't make sense for me to go under if I can just suck the oil out.

I've done this on German cars regularly, although the first one or two changes will be normal pulling the plug.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Why don't you try removing the oil from the dipstick the first time, then open the plug before you refill it to see how much oil is still in there, if any? Personally I only change the oil once per year and like to get under the car anyway to have a look around so I don't see too much value in this approach.

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
Branded Korean. MM a bit confused?

------ SATURN ----------- OPEL --------- Not a Daewoo
There is no confusion...He stated he worked on German cars doing this specialized oil change...it was not necessary to bring in the Daewoo. Wrong Continent.

·
Super Moderator
5,777 Posts
There is no confusion...He stated he worked on German cars doing this specialized oil change...it was not necessary to bring in the Daewoo. Wrong Continent.
Apparently there is confusion. Yours.

The Opel GT is not a German car. It is a US car with non-US badging.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Went looking for a thread on this and didn't find one:

Anyone doing topside oil changes with a oil vacuum? Does the dipstick location let one get into the bottom of the oil pan? With the filter on top it doesn't make sense for me to go under if I can just suck the oil out.

I've done this on German cars regularly, although the first one or two changes will be normal pulling the plug.
Yes, it gets pretty much all of the oil out. I checked the first time i used my topsider and there was barely a drop left to come out of the drain plug hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts