Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My turn to give something back to the community that's already helped me with tons of Sky info. In my previous life, I was a graphic designer so i figured I'd give it a whack. I've been using Torque for quite some time, but the default themes never really fit my style, so I recreated the Saturn Sky style gauges. No, I didn't add and chrome or shadows because, well.. I don't like 'em.

I'm relatively happy with the results, but still limited to what the app will let me do. For instance, I did have the speedo and tach numbers exactly like our cars, but in order to do that, I loose the text in every other dial because I have to make the app's numbers invisible

I made the orange one and then decided maybe white would be a good option as well..

Included in the zip is a file names "background.jpg" which should match the black dials perfectly.. It should automatically use it, but let me know if it doesn't. If you have any questions on how to setup torque or themes, just let me know

The developers' wiki is here
You'll want to extract the zip folder, and copy the contents to the /.torque/themeDir/ folder

Oh, and FYI, the font used is Eurostyle (it's included in the theme)

White:

Orange Theme
White Theme

Enjoy !!

-=<> Aaron <>=-

--edit-- Just realized my orange theme had an extra tick mark at the 9 o'clock position, fixed now !
--edit 2021-11-24-- Fixed links to the orange theme, and white theme

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
You are a God send!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(bows gracefully in acknowledgement) :)

No problem 40rty .. I didn't think about till afterwords that i should have used a url shorten-er so that I could tell which ones were downloaded.. Fixed that now !

So, which one, orange or white ?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I got the Orange one. Im at work but I will check it out after.

·
Registered
480 Posts
May I humbly ask ask what one does with these? I see the work 'app' associated so I am asssuming it goes into an IPhone (or similar) but what then? Critter

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May I humbly ask ask what one does with these? I see the work 'app' associated so I am asssuming it goes into an IPhone (or similar) but what then? Critter
Ah, good question. Torque is an android app that you use with a bluetooth (or usb) OBDII code reader to view error codes as well as live data. It will also log whatever live data you want to view online.. Additionally, you can video your drive, and overlay your live data which is pretty cool if you're at a track i suppose

More info here

Torque is one of the few must have paid apps (imho) Once you have a bluetooth reader and torque, there are other plugins you can use as well, like Racing Meter

The bluetooth adapters are relatively cheap, i use a PLX Kiwi although there are some newer models which retrieve more codes per second.
Compatible adapters

All that being said, I have no affiliation with any of the above companies.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ah, good question. Torque is an android app that you use with a bluetooth (or usb) OBDII code reader to view error codes as well as live data. It will also log whatever live data you want to view online.. Additionally, you can video your drive, and overlay your live data which is pretty cool if you're at a track i suppose

More info here

Torque is one of the few must have paid apps (imho) Once you have a bluetooth reader and torque, there are other plugins you can use as well, like Racing Meter

The bluetooth adapters are relatively cheap, i use a PLX Kiwi although there are some newer models which retrieve more codes per second.
Compatible adapters

All that being said, I have no affiliation with any of the above companies.
And now I will humbly say....Thank You...(I have a 14 year old who will be able to decipher what you just said!!!!)

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Plugins for Saturn Sky using Torque

Plugins - Torque OBD2 Wiki

Have you created any plugins? I am not sure how much information can be setup inthe plugin. Would be nice to fill in al the data including weight for say a 2.4 NA motor and use it to do the setup for a vehicle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread but THANK YOU OP! I bought Torque but the themes that are included with it are laughably ugly imho. Tonight I decided I wanted to read up on making my own, but of course the web site for Torque's down right now lol. Your white theme will definitely hold me over until I can get on the site and figure out how to make my own.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
A fun thing.
Had this for over a year.
LLLFLY

1 - 20 of 26 Posts