Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some touch up paint to fix the rock dings. I understand the part about cleaning the area and removing any wax. I also get filling in area with T.U. paint using light even coats. However once you get the paint level with existing paint how do you blend it in with out tearing it all out again???:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Over fill it and let it cure for a week. Then carefully sand it with 1000 grit to blend it. Be careful and don't cut into the original paint. Once you've got it sanded then carefully rub it out with a rubbing compound. It all takes time so if you are the impatient type leave the chip there as is. :driving:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
hyperode said:
Bought some touch up paint to fix the rock dings. I understand the part about cleaning the area and removing any wax. I also get filling in area with T.U. paint using light even coats. However once you get the paint level with existing paint how do you blend it in with out tearing it all out again???:confused: :confused:

Check out a product called Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit.
I plan to give this product a try this week.
If it works you use a solvent to smooth the blob of lacquer touch-up paint from the surface leaving the chip or scratch filled. No sanding required.

·
Registered
669 Posts
PieintheSky said:
Check out a product called Langka Paint Chip Repair Kit.
I plan to give this product a try this week.
If it works you use a solvent to smooth the blob of lacquer touch-up paint from the surface leaving the chip or scratch filled. No sanding required.
Just ordered my kit. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
154 Posts
memo

memo

·
Registered
351 Posts
qwack said:
Just ordered my kit. Thanks for the info!

Let me know how it works for you.

·
Registered
669 Posts
PieintheSky said:
Let me know how it works for you.
I'll do that. I've got chips on the edge of the door where I've obviously (somehow) opened my door onto the side of the garage. :banghead: Probably be in a couple of weeks before I get around to doing it, though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guess I'm not the only one with some dings. Thanks for the info. I happened to be looking around on the British Car Forum website and also found info on Langka there. It was highly recommended. Here is the link;

http://www.langka.com

Being a die hard do it yourselfer for as cheap as possible I'll stick with the 1000 grit sandpaper. I'll let you know how it turns out after my week of curing is done. I guess I should have and will take some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can find the paint code on the build sticker in your glovebox. You can order from dealer, or find it on Amazon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts