Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Adam was at Tonkins Acura today. He was doing A demonstration of his products. I received an invitation by email from Adams so I drove down from Seattle to attend. I was impressed. I bought the Porter Cable buffer and some other products I do not yet have from previous orders. He spoke well of the Sky event at his place. He actually said the Sky club was as concerned about their cars as the Vette club. He offered to look at my pick up which is what I need to do the most work on. It was across the street as we had the RV in tow. There was no reason for him to go over and look at it as the cars he was working on were worse off than my truck. It was real nice of him to offer to show me how to do it on my truck but what I saw on the cars that were there was going to make the truck easy. After I left I thought of some other things I should have gotten. I guess I will be placing another order soon. You learn A lot more watching in person. For one thing you can ask questions. I was not sure I could do it from the videos. Now if I can find some time.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Adam was at Tonkins Acura today. He was doing A demonstration of his products. I received an invitation by email from Adams so I drove down from Seattle to attend. I was impressed. I bought the Porter Cable buffer and some other products I do not yet have from previous orders. He spoke well of the Sky event at his place. He actually said the Sky club was as concerned about their cars as the Vette club. He offered to look at my pick up which is what I need to do the most work on. It was across the street as we had the RV in tow. There was no reason for him to go over and look at it as the cars he was working on were worse off than my truck. It was real nice of him to offer to show me how to do it on my truck but what I saw on the cars that were there was going to make the truck easy. After I left I thought of some other things I should have gotten. I guess I will be placing another order soon. You learn A lot more watching in person. For one thing you can ask questions. I was not sure I could do it from the videos. Now if I can find some time.
I myself am about to purchase the Porter Cable buffer kit...
Adam's Complete Dual-Action Car Polisher Kit

I have never machine detailed a car before, but have done many hand jobs in my time :skep:, looks like this may be the best "fool proof" (as stated) route to go for a rookie at hand held orbital detailing.

Junkman: would love to see a basic detailing tutorial video for begginers (do's & don'ts etc.)
the above kit looks to be ideal for the begginer?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Adams has A DVD that is free when you place an order. Most of what he said and showed is on that DVD or Junkmans videos. I think watching both was useful as they explain it in different ways. I picked up good stuff from each. The one thing Adam did at the clinic was to put A line with A sharpie on the top of the backing plate so you could see that it was orbiting and not spinning. He said spinning was bad. You need to push down enough so it wont spin. The main thing I wanted was to see it done to decide if I could do it. I think for the most part I knew how from the videos. He also explained the difference with his system from some others. His polishes have no abrasives. The abrasive is the pad. Thats why you need to use the correct pad. He also showed how to fix scratches with the 4" drill mounted pad set. I already had that as its what he recommended for getting water spots off the glass. See his video on the glass sealant. I have not had time to use that either. That set and swirl remover works wonder on headlights. He showed that too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I myself am about to purchase the Porter Cable buffer kit...
Adam's Complete Dual-Action Car Polisher Kit

I have never machine detailed a car before, but have done many hand jobs in my time :skep:, looks like this may be the best "fool proof" (as stated) route to go for a rookie at hand held orbital detailing.

Junkman: would love to see a basic detailing tutorial video for begginers (do's & don'ts etc.)
the above kit looks to be ideal for the begginer?
Hey Junkman, I'm with kewlkr8 here, I really know nothing about detailing a car and would love a basic tutorial for beginners (if you don't already have one). Also any advice for those of us on an extremely tight budget (i.e. my $15 dual-action buffer from auto zone is almost too expensive for me right now, let alone the $300 Adams kit...).

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have one of those cheap buffers. They do more harm than good. UH forget the good.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hey Junkman, I'm with kewlkr8 here, I really know nothing about detailing a car and would love a basic tutorial for beginners (if you don't already have one). Also any advice for those of us on an extremely tight budget (i.e. my $15 dual-action buffer from auto zone is almost too expensive for me right now, let alone the $300 Adams kit...).
Do a Search for threads started by Junkman. The tutorials are here somewhere! :thumbs:

·
Registered
925 Posts
adams forums.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I never use touchless car washes. Normally, if the car is more than just matter, I go to the coin was on the bottom and clean coarse sand, etc. so that works better than the water hose to get home. After I bucket of car wax at home, because there is less chance of scratching the rough stuff is gone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I never use touchless car washes. Normally, if the car is more than just matter, I go to the coin was on the bottom and clean coarse sand, etc. so that works better than the water hose to get home. After I bucket of car wax at home, because there is less chance of scratching the rough stuff is gone.
Try again. This time in English. :confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey Junkman it's good seeing you back again, how your doing?
Any good do-it-yourself video's for us? I miss your vids! :cheers:
You didn't hear? I have a two, DVD set out now that covers a multitude of subjects. I have been shipping them all over the world, as far as Qatar. I didn't realize how much of a demand that there would be for them. I do have a few videos that I haven't posted here that I could post. A lot has changed sine I first started posting here. :thumbs:

·
7,051 Posts
You didn't hear? I have a two, DVD set out now that covers a multitude of subjects. I have been shipping them all over the world, as far as Qatar. I didn't realize how much of a demand that there would be for them. I do have a few videos that I haven't posted here that I could post. A lot has changed sine I first started posting here. :thumbs:
Well Junkman, ship a set this way to me.... :D
Good the hear you are still active with these educated car care videos :cheers:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have seen many of your videos on youtube and have a few saved on my favorites. I watch them for two reasons. The first, your knowledge on car care is invaluable second it is rare to find somone who seems to be a genuine, sincerely good person. Somone raised you well and I would imagine that anyone would be lucky to call you a friend. My hats off to you.:thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I have seen many of your videos on youtube and have a few saved on my favorites. I watch them for two reasons. The first, your knowledge on car care is invaluable second it is rare to find somone who seems to be a genuine, sincerely good person. Somone raised you well and I would imagine that anyone would be lucky to call you a friend. My hats off to you.:thumbs:
Hey man, that's really appreciated. Made my day. I am no saint or knight in shiny armor, that's for sure. But I have found that being opened minded and accepting people for who or what they are has opened me up to people and cultures that I otherwise may have not had access to. This has greatly enhanced my life and taught me something that I didn't realize. That is, I really like people and THAT has given me the opportunity to meet and fellowship with folks who have greatly enhanced my life. For that I am eternally grateful.

It's folks like you who keep me giving back. :thumbs:

·
7,051 Posts
And most of all, He's funny and a happy go lucky guy while giving instruction on his videos, fun to watch ..... I love this guy :thumbs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
And most of all, He's funny and a happy go lucky guy while giving instruction on his videos, fun to watch ..... I love this guy :thumbs:
I think that's due to the fact that I'm really a silly, 50-year old kid. :D

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Can somebody provide a YouTube link to one of Junkmans videos?
I might like a DVD set, Thanks. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
21 - 40 of 43 Posts