Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The reprogramming information for each module in the service manual specifically states that the IP cluster does not require any reprogramming. It seems to function purely as a display that doesn't care what data it is given, so that part at least should be OK.
Well, there you go. It's a little interesting that display is controlled by something other than the circuitry in the cluster.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Well, there you go. It's a little interesting that display is controlled by something other than the circuitry in the cluster.
Aside from the applicable lights having to be present and gauges needing enough range, the IP cluster is basically like the monitor on a computer. The appropriate module sends it data and it displays it. It is, for example, possible to exchange the RL and NA clusters without making any adjustment, even though their speedometers have different ranges. The DIC, being digital, really doesn't care and will display anything.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I really hope my friend will be comfortable in trying to get TPMS working on my 2007. I highly value that information on my 2014 Nissan Altima, and also when I owned a 2003 Corvette. It works great, well worth having.....of coarse when working right.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
I still check with a gauge, but less often on the cars with TPMS than those without. The lazy part of me hopes you are successful.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts