Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Ernest said:
Looking at my R/L order I have a TPP of 8/14 - 8/20:thumbs: But it could get a constraint, between now and then. Look's I am on of the very lucky ones, I made it into the 11% build for that week.
Good luck Ernest!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will need it. I am still pinching myself over this, but it is the truth!

Watching the GM's computer do it's thing was awesome, their allotment + my prelim order = a marriage made in heaven!!!! A SKY R/L is conceived today!!!!

Now, if I could pass out cigars!!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats, Ernest! You lucky dog. haha :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Very cool, congrats!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Ernest said:
Looking at my R/L order I have a TPP of 8/14 - 8/20 But it could get a constraint, between now and then. Look's I am on of the very lucky ones, I made it into the 11% build for that week.
Damn, you will have two Sky's before I even have one!:banghead: :banghead:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy! :thumbs:

Congratulations

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mine is too.

I'm a little disapointed after being at 3000 for awhile now and Regional director of Saturn saying at Downers Grove Show they were already building in July. He called me and told me that my TPP in August. Im happy and disapointed at the same time. But when ever I get mine I will be happy.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't be disappointed, I sat at 3000 from Jan to March this year on Serenity, some have stayed there even longer than that. I also had a TPP of Feb 3, but its wasn't even VINed until March 6. I am just very fortunate to in the position that I am now. All I can offer is to be excited, but reserved and see what developes in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Eye on Sky said:
I'm a little disapointed after being at 3000 for awhile now and Regional director of Saturn saying at Downers Grove Show they were already building in July. He called me and told me that my TPP in August. Im happy and disapointed at the same time. But when ever I get mine I will be happy.
They aren't building production Red lines in July. Those are preproduction and have been being built since some time in May. They won't start production untill the middle of August unless there is a quality issue it could be held up a couple weeks, but I hope not.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
deluke said:
They aren't building production Red lines in July. Those are preproduction and have been being built since some time in May. They won't start production untill the middle of August unless there is a quality issue it could be held up a couple weeks, but I hope not.
:agree: :agree: :thumbs:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
:cheers: Congrats Ernest!

I am heading over to our dealership this afternoon to see the printout of our event code 2000...hopefully they'll also have a TPP on it as well. :)
I read (I believe it was your post) that you like to keep copies of the events codes sorta like a pedegree for the cars history...I think its a great idea and would love to do the same. Also found a posting on how to track your car once its loaded onto the train...but you need your vin number....I printed that info out so when the time comes I'm ready!:thumbs:

Congrats Again on your luck!....your Sky, I would think, should be even RARER (is that a word?:lol:) being that its a launch vehicle...possibly a special VIN number? Who knows maybe after some time passes it'll be a Barrett Jackson Collectable!:lol: :thumbs:
Hope our SKY Redline Automatic will be the same and we are also part of the extremely lucky 31:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can pretty much count on a low R/L VIN, however the thing is, since they are beng built along with the other Kappa cars, the VIN will probably run right along with them. However, interesting note: R/L SKYs will have a G in the 8th space on the VIN. Base Sky's have a B. The wait begins, day 2 without a smoke!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks E.

My first Sky I heard all kinds of garbage from the dealer and posters and I listened to it. They said it wasn't even built when i went on a business trip and three days latter I call up and it is in the Showroom March 19th. They kept a tight lid on release and lots of misdirection and I anticipate that now.
I will post when I recieve my next SKY(Redline) along with pictures and I'll ask are local Sky Gang to attend the pick-up so everyone knows it is real. Im at 3000 and told in front of Sky forum members by Regional Director of Saturn on July 15th the Downers Grove Sky Party. That my order is correct it is being built. I will be optimistic because there is no reason not to be.
Congrats ER i love your posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eye on Sky said:
My first Sky I heard all kinds of garbage from the dealer and posters and I listened to it. They said it wasn't even built when i went on a business trip and three days latter I call up and it is in the Showroom March 19th. They kept a tight lid on release and lots of misdirection and I anticipate that now.
I will post when I recieve my next SKY(Redline) along with pictures and I'll ask are local Sky Gang to attend the pick-up so everyone knows it is real. Im at 3000 and told in front of Sky forum members by Regional Director of Saturn on July 15th the Downers Grove Sky Party. That my order is correct it is being built. I will be optimistic because there is no reason not to be.
Congrats ER i love your posts
I believe you, and the reason you have sat 3000 is that your order is waiting for the rest of the orders to be pulled in. If I guesstimate corectly, the rest of the selected R/L orders will come up to 3000 soon, and the the whole happy bunch will start moving upward to build week. If not, they are gonna start production at the end of August anyway, so we are only talking about a couple of weeks in advance. I have this recurring feeling that in fact the select 31 will be made that week. A lot of the dealys have been fixed on the production line since it began, less things to cause snags. So congrats may you get the first R/L:thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts