Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was scheduled for March 22nd.

Anyone have an idea about when I should be taking delivery on the Sky?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I ha a long talk with the GM at our dealer right at the end of March -- TPW are to be ignored. He said if you even get one pay no attention to it as teh assembly was too fluid -- too many changes as they went. I think with teh new system coming online (week or two??) we will get a clearer picture.
But pay no attention to a TPW -- Have you had an update at all from your dealer?

·
Registered
46 Posts
My dealer also has no updates from his computer.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
Ufc1

Adam...Linda...she works in the office when u first enter to your right...but she won't give u any info without the GM's permission....I got lucky last week when Lou told me to see her and look at the consolidation sheet. All she has to do in punch in the order number....and all the info is there on every car.

Michael

·
Registered
262 Posts
UFC1 said:
Was scheduled for March 22nd.

Anyone have an idea about when I should be taking delivery on the Sky?

Thanks for the help.
Some folks have been going from event 030 to delivered at the dealer in 3 days. As was said above, TPW means nothing right now. Also, my dealer told me on 4.12.06+/-, that they will not be able to get ANY information while the computer ordering system is being changed over from one system to another, about one week. Now that is assuming that the change over goes without any problems. Who knows, it could be longer before they get updates.

So for now, sit back, have a beer, get good and drunk, then call your dealer and scream, "Where's my car????" You won't get your car any faster, but you'll feel better. Well, better until the hangover the next morning.:jester:

Maybe I missed it. What did you order? Red interior, auto transmission, and chrome wheels will slow down delivery of your car.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm pretty certain that I read in another thread here, that the official conversion date to the GM system is Sunday, April 16th. This may explain why my dealer "claimed" to have no information either, when I stopped in there on Wednesday.

Hopefully, the conversion will go smoothly :lol:...and soon we will be getting updates again. I work in the computer industry, and have been through 2 major system conversions, so I know from personal experience how difficult these things can go. :willy:

I don't plan on contacting my dealer for an update until the first week of May...maybe by then, things will have settled down. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
I'm pretty certain that I read in another thread here, that the official conversion date to the GM system is Sunday, April 16th. This may explain why my dealer "claimed" to have no information either, when I stopped in there on Wednesday.

Hopefully, the conversion will go smoothly :lol:...and soon we will be getting updates again. I work in the computer industry, and have been through 2 major system conversions, so I know from personal experience how difficult these things can go. :willy:

I don't plan on contacting my dealer for an update until the first week of May...maybe by then, things will have settled down. :thumbs:
Wouldn't it be funny if we both got our cars the same day? ...:lol: You drive my way -- I'll drive yours -- we'll wave as we pass!:driving::driving:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey Let's make that three on the same day. Double waves:willy:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Wouldn't it be funny if we both got our cars the same day? ...:lol: You drive my way -- I'll drive yours -- we'll wave as we pass!:driving::driving:
That would be cool to both get our cars on the same day! :willy: But something tells me that I may be waiting a tad bit longer for mine due to the automatic delay. :banghead:

·
Registered
389 Posts
ChiliSkyVA said:
My dealer also has no updates from his computer.
My image went in on 3/10 and I still have absolutely no info on it's status. Emailed the dealership for info and they said they would get back with me but that was a week ago. :nonod:

·
Registered
94 Posts
GRinLR said:
My image went in on 3/10 and I still have absolutely no info on it's status. Emailed the dealership for info and they said they would get back with me but that was a week ago. :nonod:
Same story here. Image on 3/07 and status 025 on 3/14. Each weekly phone call to my salesrep since then yields the same responce.....no change.....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
OISky said:
Same story here. Image on 3/07 and status 025 on 3/14. Each weekly phone call to my salesrep since then yields the same responce.....no change.....

I have to wonder if your salesrep even knows about checking the status codes....I know mind doesn't! I would ask to speak directly with the GM, since they are the ones that do the ordering and deal with the weekly consolidated report. Although, with the migration over to the GM system happening this weekend, I've heard that information about order status will be scarce until dealers have gotten used to the new ordering system.

·
Registered
94 Posts
nscrbug said:
I have to wonder if your salesrep even knows about checking the status codes....I know mind doesn't! I would ask to speak directly with the GM, since they are the ones that do the ordering and deal with the weekly consolidated report. Although, with the migration over to the GM system happening this weekend, I've heard that information about order status will be scarce until dealers have gotten used to the new ordering system.
I'm sure he does, and I have had several converstions with both he and the GM who work very closely together. It's a case of "Don't shoot the messenger". They know what they see on their weekly report and that's all the info they have or can get. This Dealer has been great to us and they're as frustrated as we are. :banghead:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dmbdlatc said:
Maybe I missed it. What did you order? Red interior, auto transmission, and chrome wheels will slow down delivery of your car.

Manual with standard wheels w/ red interior.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No info right now

Talked with the GM on Wed., she said right now they are getting no status update info because of the switch in order systems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts